As a Sr Integration Engineer, you join a team responsible for the critical role of automating the ingestion, transformation, and integration of data between applications and for downstream analytics. You will design, develop, test, and deploy streaming and batch integration solutions across a variety of data domains and platforms. This includes utilizing programming languages, application integration software, messaging technologies, REST APIs and ETL tools. You will ensure that high-throughput, low-latency, and fault-tolerant data integration solutions are developed by applying best practices to the data mapping, code development, error handling and automation. As a Sr Integration Engineer, you will use yourtechnical skills, analytical insights, and business perspective to ensure the most accurate and complete data integration solutions are deployed across the data sources. S/he must also demonstrate a willingness to work with and mentor associates of varying levels of technical expertise within the organization.
You will work on a software development team with other software engineers, business intelligence engineers, QA analysts, and product managers focused on developing software solutions for the business. You will serve as the primary integration engineer and data engineer on this team. You will also provide support on existing data integration and data engineering solutions that have been developed for Crown Castle’s applications. You will work with the Architecture team, as needed, to complete proof of concept projects for the introduction of changes to architecture.
- Acts as the technical lead for data engineering and data integration initiatives
- Leverages Informatica IICS Application Integration with a messaging middleware layer to enable data streaming for application integration
- Leverages Informatica IICS Data Integration to design, develop, and implement ETL code to enable batch data migration and integration.
- Designs, develops, and maintains optimal streaming and batch data integration solutions: Develops and automates ETL and application integration solutions using programming languages, ETL tools, messaging middleware and job scheduling software.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: mitigating risk, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and access to information
- Meets project deadlines by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables
- Communicates updates on project progress to development and project management; Escalates issues which may affect project success
- Performs work independently. Self-motivated individual who can handle ambiguous/undefined problems and think abstractly to deliver results.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive as well as the ability to work well with diverse teams.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to business users and other technical teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against the original business needs and choose the most cost-effective solution
- Strong customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science, or related discipline
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related discipline is preferred but not required
- Data integration and data engineering certifications are preferred
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing streaming and batch data integration solutions leveraging Informatica or IICS
- 5+ years of full-stack coding experience with Python, Java or similar programming languages
- 2+ years of data integration experience utilizing a Service Bus or Event Hub architecture
- Strong integration skills including REST APIs, message queuing, streaming (Kinesis, Kafka)
- Excellent SQL coding and performance tuning skills
- Experience with JSON/XML and PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Agile development and collaboration tools such as Azure DevOps or JIRA
- Experience using source code control management software and automated deployment software
- Data integration experience utilizing the Microsoft Azure cloud computing stack is preferred
- Data integration experience utilizing Snowflake Data Warehouses is preferred
- ETL experience with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) and/or Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is preferred