Bachelors degree is preferred
The individual in this position will serve as a technically proficient systems integration resource. This role requires an understanding of complex integration models similar to those employed by Children's of Alabama (COA). Systems integration at COA includes the sharing of ADT, orders, results, observations, care documents etc. via HL7, XML and other protocols between multiple financial and clinical systems
This role requires the ability to design and build interfaces using appropriate integration tools. Success is measured by the quality and speed of interface deployment.
This role also requires daily support of interfaces for multiple applications (currently approximately 80). This requires an understanding of data transmission processes of patient scheduling, registration, order entry and ancillary systems.
Furthermore, this position serves as a high level functional expert and system administrator for the integration engines and integration related tools employed by Children's of Alabama.
COA utilizes HL7 standard interface messages that are mapped and routed through the Corepoint Integration Engine. The current portfolio of integrated applications includes Siemens Soarian (patient management), Allscripts Sunrise Clinical Manager, Siemens Syngo Workflow and Imaging (radiology), Siemens Syngo Dynamics (Cardiology), Sunquest Lab, Safetrace Blood Bank and many more. COA also utilizes e-Link as part of its core integration and utilizes Connexal to manage the communication of specific clinical events (alarms, nurse calls, etc.) between systems.
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related business degree combined with three years experience in a similar role in a Health Care Technology department.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering or related business degree combined with five years experience in a similar role in a Health Care Technology department.
- Seven years of experience in a similar role in a Health Care Technology department.
- HL7 Certification
- Experience with Corepoint Integration Engine or similar tool
- Experience with Allscripts E-Link and SCM interface subsystem
- Experience with Soarian Patient Management System
- Experience with Allscripts SCM
- Experience with medical device integration and support
- Experience with integration tools
- This position requires critical thinking, strong organizational skills, and proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have ability to comprehend complex narratives, diagrams and other forms of documentation. Must possess the discipline and ability to clearly document ideas, proposals, system states, processes, etc. with narratives and appropriate diagrams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate team activities to meet schedules and deadlines with the ability to prepare well-written and logical documents
- Must be able to work well with others, including technical and non-technical peers