The Sr. Integration Engineer serves as the lead design and test engineer in the development of custom automatic electronic test systems (hardware, software, and interfaces) required for testing assemblies and sub-assemblies for overall acceptance, functionality, and performance. Develops test methodologies and procedures to ensure systems integrity and in accordance to specifications, requirements, and engineering documentation for the replication and traceability of system designs. Provide direct input during design reviews and technical audits. Provide direct support for delivery and installation of test systems at customer sites.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies advanced concepts, theories and engineering principles in the design, development, integration, and acceptance testing of automated electronic test systems.
- Determines design requirements and develops software for electronics test systems including test program software, self-test software, and system level instrument drivers.
- Partners with customer technical staff in defining test requirement and test strategy for the development of test software to perform functional and diagnostic tests on customer's electronic devices.
- Oversees the development of the electromechanical interface between the test system and the customer's electronic devices.
- Provides direct input to the design of electrical/electronic circuits and wiring for integrated test systems.
- Participates directly in the assembly and integration of electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems.
- Develops engineering documentation including assembly drawings, schematics, operating procedures, calibration procedures, and other related technical documents.
- Provides assessments/recommendations in product/system design reviews for developed test systems.
POSITION REQUIREMENTSJob Specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Multi-discipline experience in military and commercial electronic systems ranging from test equipment and instrumentation, flight electronics, computers, jet engines, and other special purpose electronic systems, including RF subsystems.
- Extensive experience with electronic circuit design, circuit card layout, test systems development, and test systems integration.
- Experience with GPIB, VME/VXI, and PXI/PXIe test platforms is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of the process in taking a product design from concept to production with demonstrated success in test solutions regarding analog and digital electronics development, integration, and troubleshooting.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving with knowledge in performing root cause analysis and recommending corrective action to resolve test failures.
- Software experience with automatic test system development environments such as LabVIEW, LabWindows/C/C++/C# VisualBasic, or C#.
- Experience in designing to meet Environmental requirements such as shock, vibration, thermal, humidity, altitude, salt/fog, etc.
- Experience designing to meet Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) requirements.
- Good knowledge of metals and alloys and their properties and sheet metal design
- 7+ years of hands on engineering design experience
- Must be a US person.
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Computer Engineering or Computer Science (BSCE/BSCS) from four-year college is required
- LabVIEW, Test Stand, LabWindows CVI, C/C++/VisualBasic, or C#.
- Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
- Experience with Altium Designer for schematic capture and layout