Our culture empowers us to do things that other companies would find very difficult, if not impossible. It’s uniquely ViaSat, and intentionally not like any other company. ViaSat produces innovative satellite, tactical and other wireless communication products that enable fast, secure, and efficient communications to any location. If you're looking to join a team in a proven company, then try us on for size. The company has been honored for its record of performance by national magazines such as INC, Forbes, Fortune Small Business, and Business Week, including two years running on the Business 2.0 "100 Fastest Growing Tech Companies."
A key to the company’s growth and stability has been its flexibility in serving both commercial and military markets. If you are up to a challenge and have 5+ years of experience in a Joint and Special Operation Forces Fires and Operational Integration role perhaps ViaSat is the right company for you.
As the Senior Joint & SOF Fires Digital Integration Engineer for the Government Systems (GS) group you will help establish and strengthen relationships with new and existing customers. Your Joint & SOF Fires expertise and contacts within Special Operations and DoD organizations that purchase employ, procure, and utilize systems to enhance Joint and SOF Fires will be instrumental in helping us grow. Your extensive experience in collaborating with Operational, Tactical, and Executive leadership teams will assist in developing strategic initiatives. With your broad mix of operational, tactical, market, and understanding of the technologies which surround Joint and SOF Fires will pave the way to our growth.
- Expertise and knowledge of Joint Fires and Special Operations Tactical Command and Control, Tactics, Doctrine, and Procedures
- Understanding of communication technologies employed by SOF and other DoD forces
- Expertise in Expeditionary and SOF Tactical Situational Awareness techniques, doctrine, and technologies
- Experiencewith planning, organizing and executing tactical demonstrations
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and certifications
- US Citizenship required
- Active Secret Clearance required
- Able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experiencewith Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR), Situational Awareness (SA), and satellite communications technologies
- Knowledgeable on government technology development and capability acquisition process
- Expert knowledge of Small Unit Tactics and Special Operations Units with real-world operational and tactical experience
- Knowledge of tactical air control operational concepts
- Master's degree
- US Top Secret Clearance
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite you’ll never want to leave our beautiful campus. You can also reach out to help others in the community by being involved in our VPartners program.
Are you ready to take the next step forward in your Sr Operational and Systems Engineering career? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at ViaSat. We look forward to hearing from you.