The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer will develop and design control systems for our clients in the life science and advanced technology sectors. The I&C Engineer will use his/her knowledge and experience with instrumentation devices, control systems, networking, P&ID drawings, data, sheets, and instrumentation installation drawings to provide engineering solutions for control systems and PLC\SCADA interface systems that meet and exceed our clients’ requirements for safety and optimization.
- Lead I&C design and estimation for the preliminary and detailed design phases of projects in the Advanced Technology sector.
- Conduct system and facility engineering job walk assessments.
- Develop and design engineering solutions for equipment optimization.
- Design systems that will monitor pressure, temperature, humidity, and flow in a manufacturing environment.
- Troubleshoot and complete root cause failure analysis on assigned projects.
- Document process requirements for instrumentation equipment used in systems design.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of best practice design concepts and practice
- Interface smoothly with engineering design team members and client representatives.
- 3 + years’ experience leading I&C design and estimation for the programming phase of projects in the Advanced Technology sector.
- Experience with Siemens, GE and Rockwell Automation hardware and software.
- Experience with Mechanical, Electrical and Process (MEP) systems and working with MEP engineers and technicians.
- Experience with multi-discipline large capital projects involving Owners, General Contractors, Contractors, and System Integrators.
- Good Understanding of Design/Build (Engineering and Construction)
- Good understanding of complex process systems architecture & design, Instrumentation, Device Selection, Networking, PLC & I/O architectures, P&IDs, data sheets, and SCADA.
- Working knowledge of environments common in large industrial applications such as Dry/Wet Mechanical, AWN, Gas/Chem Distribution, HVAC, and Clean Room environmental control.
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- A degree emphasizing process control and instrumentation or equivalent work experience in process control and instrumentation in life science or advanced technology manufacturing will be considered.