Position requires instructional support to the Weapons Systems Training Branch ofthe Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division, which provides Field Service Trainingsupport for a wide variety of Department of Defense Sponsors to include UnitedStates Special Operations Command, United States Marine Corps, Navy, Army and Air Force Commands as well as Foreign Military Service Program Offices.
The primary objective for this position is the operational training for new equipment or newly modified equipment. Training to be provided is for Active Duty Military or those supporting the Active Duty Military units.
Requires travel CONUS & OCONUS as a Field Service Representative (FSR) providing training and maintenance support in the field and classroom. Also provide support tomaintain the operations of new equipment and maintenance on weapons (systems) during course curriculum.
Provide course development Program of Instruction (POI) updates for operation and maintenance of new and existing equipment. Requires operational and maintenance training for new and existing equipment in thefield and classroom.
- Inspections of weapons and accessories prior to training
- Maintenance of weapons and accessories during and after training
- Repair/Maintain weapons and accessories during and after training
- On-The Job-Training how to install or operate equipment and accessories
- Instructors shall be graduates of a military instructor training school or equivalent approved by the COR. Instructors shall be qualified IAW NSWC Crane within 90 days of assignment for the primary classes they are assigned.
- Weapons qualification for instructors will take place at NSWC Crane.
- Instructors shall qualify IAW NSWC Crane and DoD policies.
- Small Arms Instructors qualifying for deployment shall qualify IAW NSWC Crane and DoD policies.
- Formal instructor training (requires diploma or DD214 certification)
- 6+ years SOF instruction experience.
- Prefer of 2 years instructing small arms operations and maintenance course.
- 3+ years operations/maintenance of small arms
Instructors must complete the following requirements at NSWC Crane:
- Instructor Certifications
- Medical Screening
- Psychological Evaluation
- Basic First Aid Certification
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certifications