Sr. Instructional Designer
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Robert Half is seeking a Senior Instructional Designer to be responsible for participating in the implementation of state-of-the-art instructional design within the Staff Development organization. Working under the direction of the Senior Manager of Enterprise Learning, the incumbent will assess business needs and root causes with internal clients and develop comprehensive, creative organizational effectiveness and instructional design approaches. The individual will also be a participant in the development of strategies for the enhancement of instructional design capabilities to achieve world class offerings
Specific responsibilities include:
- Using adult learning principles, design and develop leading-edge, creative, and highly engaging learning interventions, including storyboards and outlines, integration between live and online learning, immersive linear and non-linear e-learning design, specialized visual models and graphics, learner skill and knowledge tests, narration scripting, sound recording and integration, programs that conform to SCORM and other technology standards, announcement and communication approaches. Where necessary, conduct additional work to gain acceptance of programs for continuing education credits (such as CPE) from external agencies.
- Develop and manage small- and large-scale instructional design projects, including all details, such as purpose, business objectives, learning objectives, project timetable milestones (and go/no-go points), team member roles and responsibilities, resources required, service level agreements, budget, rollout plans (including piloting, refresh, and sunset), follow-up and project evaluation plans, reports, and review and approval cycles.
- When external resources are needed, help specify exact requirements and participate in selection process, including recommending vendors, reviewing candidates, and making purchase recommendations. May also be responsible for day-to-day management of external resources for assigned projects.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal clients to enhance long-term communication, effectiveness, and understanding of end-client value propositions. Collaborate with key stakeholders such as Managing Directors and Senior Consultants, as well as leaders within Staff Development and Operational Support teams. Develop network of contacts, particularly those that directly support training development and delivery, such as Travel and Events.
- Develop extensive organization knowledge to be able to tap resources, collaborate, and share best practices throughout all organization enhancement functions throughout Robert Half. Become highly conversant in RH methodology and other major business processes for internal clients.
- Support Robert Half’s overall staff development efforts by developing or participating in the development new instructional design and delivery capabilities, such as social media, simulations, gamification, and peer-contributed knowledge bases.
- As assigned, serve as representative for RH Staff Development on a range of internal and external committees, organizations, and task forces.
- Stay abreast of learning trends such as new technologies, standards, regulatory changes, internal and external workforce dynamics, performance trends and development programs to proactively recommend interventions aligned with the strategic plans and business targets for Staff Development, Operational Support, and the entire Robert Half organization.
- Act as a point of contact for instructional design requests from key business partners inside Robert Half. Conducting a thorough review of requests and framing them to recommend the appropriate responses, including online and live learning methodologies, as well as organizational effectiveness approaches, such as organization or job redesign, new on-the-job learning methods, change management and communication plans.
- Consult with stakeholders, product managers and business analysts to identify training needs and propose creative learning options and solutions appropriate for business and learning objectives.
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to develop fact-based recommendations, as well as progress and success measurement approaches.
- Ensure that all interventions are aligned closely with the products and services that exist or are being developed by other groups within Staff Development.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; Master’s degree in instructional design, performance improvement, or related field preferred.
- Required proficiency – master level: At least one e-learning authoring software application, such as Articulate Storyline.
- Desirable experience/proficiency: Author-It (LCMS); Cornerstone (LMS); SharePoint; HTML authoring tools; Adobe Suite or CC; HTML authoring software. Work experience in business consulting industry.
- Minimum of 10 years practical work experience designing, developing, and implementing online learning interventions, from client interaction and needs specification, to production delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrated effective project management and execution skills; can shape project details and drive multiple projects with a high level of timeliness and quality in deliverables.
- Experience partnering and collaborating within organizations on small- and large- scale projects, including leading teams of multiple levels of management and individual contributor participants.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate team meetings and conduct effective and productive discussions with clients, stakeholders, subject matter experts, and development team members.