$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
San Diego, CA 92101
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
5 - 7 years
Posted 36 days ago
The NCTE installation team leader is responsible for leading a team of 1-2 personnel in the installation of NCTE equipment at host sites throughout the United States and selected international locations, according to pre-determined configurations and plans. The installation team leader will be requiredto interpret installation design plans (CAD drawings), and implement the installation according to those plans, making local modifications where required and appropriate. Additionally, the Installation team leader will manage the day to day activities of 1-2 installation engineers/field technicians, and ensure that NCTE Installations are completed in a timely, consistent, high quality, and professional manner. This is a hands on position; the Installation team leader is expected to work alongside installation engineers to complete all tasking on time, and to take a primary role in terminating fiber optic cable. Finally, the Installation team leader must ensure that all installations are completed in accordance with relevant Navy instructions and security directives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the day to day activity of 1 NCTE Installation team (1-2 personnel plus the Team Leader himself)
2. Develop and submit travel plans and requests, according to NWDC policy.
3. Monitor and manage NCTE installation equipment, submitting bills of material for new items as required.
4. Intepret drawing and designs, and conduct NCTE Installations at remote sites, to include rack, network, and computer equipment installation, power connection, and cable fabrication, as assigned by the NWDC installation lead. Where required, modify planned installations to meet site specific requirements, based upon understanding of IT System principles.
5. Conduct System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT) and quality control testing for completed installations.
6. Manage return shipment of retrograde NCTE Equipment and tools to NCAMS, in collaboration with NCTE Logisticians.
7. Revise Installation Design Plan drawings to reflect minor changes made during actual construction (i.e., provide as built information to NCTE Draftsman).
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline and 5-7 years of directly related experience. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years applicable workexperience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
2. 5-7 years' experience installing complex Information Technology (IT) system installations, to include network installation.
3. 5 years of IT installation experience within a military or government context (can be concurrent with number 2 above).
4. Experience with conducting IT system installations in classified environments.
5. Experience with Protected Distribution System installation is a significant benefit.
6. Familiarity with USN EKMS Devices is a significant benefit.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Ability to read, understand, and implement IT system installations based upon engineering level installation design plan drawings.
2. Advanced understanding of electrical and HVAC concepts, specifically related to systems required to support IT installations. This includes the concepts of electrical grounding, heat/power conversion, and IT System cooling principles and best practices.
3. Ability to correctly and successfully terminate fiber optic cable and copper Category 6 Ethernet cables.
4. Expert level knowledge of US Government Tempest regulations
5. Expert level knowledge of SECNAV INST M5510.36
6. Familiarity with SPAWAR Shore Installation Process Handbook.
7. Advanced knowledge of IT network installations, to include network design concepts; CISCO Certified Network Associate certification is a significant advantage.
8. Ability to lift 30 pounds, and work on ladders.
9. Ability to travel extensively; 50-75% travel.
Remote work is possible.
Security: Must be a US Citizen, able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance prior to starting work.
We are an EOE that values our employee's talent – regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or other protected characteristics – Your Talent Is Our Strength.
Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information.
U.S. Citizenship Required for the majority of our positions.
Valid Through: 2019-10-10