As a Senior Inspector, you will monitor the contractor’s on-site construction activities and inspect materials to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and special provision for the construction contract.
Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain detailed records of the contractor’s daily operations and events that affect the work, monitoring, and inspecting contractor’s work zone traffic control plan as well as reviewing modifications to the plan.
- Perform sampling and testing of component materials and completed work in accordance with the construction contract
- Manage the team of inspectors (coordinate their schedules, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Survey equipment and procedures
- Ability to mentor less experienced inspection team
- Has the ability to manage less complex construction projects.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree is a plus
- 10+ years inspection or engineering experience (3+ years in roadway/bridge inspection)
- Experience as a CEI/CM Senior Inspector on Roadway and Bridge Construction Projects or prior roadway/bridge construction experience
- SCDOT inspection certifications
In addition to the position’s skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
· Change Orientation
· Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.