Lochner, a leader in transportation engineering, seeks an experienced Senior Inspector in the state of Texas. The position requires travel to projects sites throughout the State of Texas to perform inspection of highway construction operations. Performs on-site daily observation of the contractor's construction work and compares the work product to the project's approved plans and specifications. Typical responsibilities include:
- Physically performs field inspections and required materials test
- Prepares reports and coordinates progress meetings with the contractor and owner
- Assures the quality of the contractor's work meets project phased specifications
- Maintains daily logs of inspections and reviews any discrepancies with the proper parties
- Trains and mentors less experienced inspectors on work methods.
In the course of business, the member will be required to operate a company vehicle. A mandatory prerequisite to operating a company vehicle is maintaining an acceptable driving record.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in construction inspection for transportation projects
- Heavy highway/roadway construction experience is preferred
- TxAPA Level 1B Hot-Mix certification is required, or the ability to achieve within two months of hire date. ACI Concrete Strength Testing certification and ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician-Grade 1 certification will be required as training is provided. All certifications and training are required to be maintained.
- This job requires good communication and documentation skills (Word or equal, Internet) and an individual capable of performing with minimal supervision.
- This position requires travel to, and daily work site of, areas throughout the State of Texas.
- A general knowledge of construction techniques and an ability to read plans and specifications is mandatory. The individual must possess the proven ability to distribute learned knowledge to field/resident engineers, other Inspectors, construction observers, and material testing technicians