Securing our company’s systems is key to preventing a breach. Poorly secured systems leave us open to attacks from increasingly proficient threat actors. The InfrastructureSecurity Engineer will research and perform proof of concept, develop system security concepts and architectural patterns, integrate securitywithin existing and emerging system technologies, translate technology and business conditions into system security designs and processes, and oversee the implementation of securitytechnologies.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Define and document how the implementation of a new system or new interfaces between systems impacts the security posture of the current environment.
• Ability to understand complex systems and interfaces and create current state system architecture diagrams, highlighting security components.
• Evaluate current or emerging technologies, perform proof of concept and recommend solutions considering factors such as cost, security, compatibility, or usability.
• Evaluate interface between hardware, software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system
• Knowledge of system architecture, network fundamentals, communication protocols
• Hands on experienceworking with multiple operating systems (Linux/UNIX, Windows)
• Thorough understanding of Cryptography, Authentication, Authorization, and Auditing
• Perform security reviews, identify gaps in securityarchitecture, and develop a securityrisk management plan
• Translate proposed technical solutions into technical specifications
• Knowledge of interpreted and compiled computer languages.
• Knowledge of IT architectural concepts and frameworks.
• Knowledge of secure configuration management techniques.
• Define appropriate levels of system availability based on critical system functions and ensure system requirements
identify appropriate disaster recovery and continuity of operations requirements to include any appropriate fail-over/
alternate site requirements, backup requirements, and material supportability requirements for system recover/restoration.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering related discipline or equivalent education. Master’s degreepreferred
• A minimum of 8+ years of securityengineeringexperience in a large, highly regulated enterprise
• CISSP or GIAC certification preferred
Overall Competencies Required:
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams, vendors and third parties
• Ability to influence key stakeholderswith suggested solutions
• Builds effective and collaborative peer-level relationships
• Demonstrates and encourages innovative thinking, continuous learning and sharing of best practices
• Keeps abreast of adversary tactics, techniques and procedures, intelligence reporting and the company’s security strategy to
enable the practical application of security solutions to information security challenges