Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Type of Employee: Full Time
Vocera has one mission: to simplify and improve the lives of healthcare professionals, patients, and families. Founded in 2000, we changed the way care teams communicate. Today, we continue to offer the leading platform for clinical communication and workflow. About 1,400 hospitals and health systems around the world use Vocera solutions. Our platform provides software for voice, secure text messaging, and patient engagement. It integrates with more than 120 clinical and operational systems: EHRs, nurse call, physiologic monitors, and more, with event-driven alarm management. Our wide choice of devices includes smartphones and hands-free wearables. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with offices in Tennessee, Indiana Canada, India, United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.
Position Description: Vocera is looking for a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer. You will be a hands-on, technical, team lead ensuring the suitability, performance, and reliability of the Engineering-based technology infrastructure across all Engineering geographies. This position is in within the Vocera Engineering team and will report to the Director of System Solutions Engineering
- Make team lead contributions to Engineering Infrastructure roadmap plans, budgets, process improvement proposals, timely progress reports, and visibility metrics
- Act as a technical lead for the design, planning, installation, configuration, security, monitoring, and support of the Engineering technology infrastructure and related projects to ensure all Engineering technology resources and equipment remain usable, available, locatable, and sufficient for existing and future needs
- Lead the virtualization and associated Engineering network and compute/storage infrastructure, which includes the limited setup, installation, configuration, maintenance
- Support of product releases for shared environments and equipment used in research, development, verification, validation, training, implementation, and support efforts
- Lead the troubleshooting, escalation, and resolution of Engineering technology infrastructure defects that affect system performance and availability and do so with mitigated disruption and effective communication to impacted teams
- Collaborate effectively as a technical lead with Engineering leads, Research and Development lanes, Test Engineering, SSL, Release Engineering, DevOps, Tech Pubs, IT, OCTO, Tech Support, Professional Services, and VLAD teams to maintain and grow a quality Engineering technology infrastructure that meets FDA requirements and fosters a helpful clinical experience for teams
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management is maintained for all Engineering resources
- Document technical processes and maintain the Engineering Infrastructure ticketing system
- Strong experience with advanced global IT infrastructure technologies, including data and voice local and global networks (WAN, LAN, WLAN, VLAN, and telephony), routers, switches, firewalls, servers, load balancers, call managers, virtualization, containerization, DNS, AD/LDAP, domain controllers, security, up-time monitors, storage, operating systems, protocols, as well as R&D Lab environments and health care domain related equipment
- Resourceful, creative leader, and able to take initiative as well as adapt to new situations, analyze data from various sources, troubleshoot, and learn quickly to solve complex problems in a timely manner with minimal guidance.
- Excellent ability to stay current and relevant with emerging advanced global IT infrastructure technologies, as well as CI/CD tools, automation, and connectivity trends.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective documentation to support teams and processes.
- Solid knowledge of software development languages and concepts, data structures, data management practices, and interfaces.
- Good knowledge and experience with third party healthcare vendor software integrations, connectivity, interaction patterns and protocols.
- Basic knowledge of various corporate security rules, legal and regulatory obligations such as SOX or similar standards.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent
- CCNA, CCDA, and/or VCP6-DCV certification preferred
- 7+ years experience in an enterprise infrastructure position or similar engineering environment
- 5+ years experience with Linux (Red Hat preferred), Apache, and PostgreSQL, including system administration, shell scripting, firewall and network configuration, monitoring and health check tools, servers, virtualization, containerization, clustering, and cloud deployments
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server, IIS, MSSQL, and Administration of Active Directory Domains and Users/Groups
- 5+ years of experience with VMware ESXi and vCenter, as well as Cisco networking solutions, including ASA, routers, and switches (with SD-WAN familiarity).(virtualization, connectivity )
- 5+ years of experience with FlexPod, HyperFlex, UCS, NetApp, and PowerEdge VRTX enterprise server solutions, as well as CUCM and phone provisioning.
- Experience with iOS/Android devices,(can teach) firmware, WLAN technologies, wireless standards, networking protocols (including network traffic analyzers and low-level troubleshooting).(wireless required)
- Familiarity with BIG-IP F5, NetScaler, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, and vRealize build, automation, and deployment tools, as well as Docker and Kubernetes containerization tools.
- Understanding of data center fundamentals and operations.
- Familiarity with Agile/Kanban development methodologies.
- <10% of travel may be required
Belief in Diversity
Vocera Communications is an Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.