Under limited supervision, the Senior Infrastructure Architect/Engineer is responsible for Enterprise Design/Build of complex Data Center, Server, & Storage Systems for current and future environments, recommendation and design of best-in-breed architectures, and troubleshooting & engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the Corporate Data Center InfrastructureArchitecture, such as, but not limited to, design, engineering, implementation, or operations/user support. Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment. A true thought leader that will direct the planning of large-scale complex and geographically dispersed enterprise Infrastructure systems & projects through design, vendor comparison & cost studies, & build to include hands-on and directing other resources. This Enterprise Role will not have direct reports; rather the candidate will directly execute, while also directing the work of internal and vendor teams. Provide work leadership and training to other IT Engineers. Requires thorough knowledge of Enterprise Data Center & Server/Storage Infrastructure systems, networks and applications. Certifications and work history/skillset to the level of having built multiple Data Centers and their Server Systems while also standing up and integrating remote locations and their environments during mergers & acquisitions across multiple IT Architectural landscapes in diverse environments. This is not a Networking role, this Infrastructure/Data Center role will work hand-in-hand with our Network Architect/Engineer and Microsoft Architect/Engineer.This role works under the supervision of the Director of InfrastructureEngineering, may function as a Team Leader to the infrastructure team but will have no formal direct reports.
- Design, plan, implement, support, & maintain Corporate Data Center & Server/Storage systems in a high-availability Environment, providing senior level technical expertise on IT projects.
- In-Depth knowledge of Server & Storage Hardware, VM Hosts, interconnectivity of LAN/WAN/SAN systems and server platforms for Microsoft branded Server Environments including configuration and troubleshooting.
- Assist the Sr. Leadership in planning and implementing systems and Infrastructure integrations resulting from M&A activity, including data center & infrastructure analysis for cost savings.
- Proactively monitor computing platforms for performance issues, & respond within strict time frames and escalate incidents according to incident handling guidelines.
- Assist in the developing Policies, Processes, and Procedures for the Infrastructure team.
- Demonstrate and practice defined testing for all changes in the production environment.
- Work with the Director of InfrastructureEngineering to coordinate and planinfrastructure initiatives.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN and network protocols as related to Infrastructure across domains.
- Knowledge of system monitoring tools and commands to ensure quick resolution to issues.
- Understand the information security implications of technology solutions and Undertake proactive measures to ensure compliance with the Information Security policies and processes.
- Provide Level III support on Infrastructure and Integration-related issues.
- Actively support LAN/WAN standards as well as interfaces to applications, from workstations, and among diverse systems.
- Provide guidance, documentation, and appropriate training to Zelis technical and operations employees on support of implemented Microsoft technologies.
- Demonstrate and practice ITIL best practices.
- Create the required design and support documentation for projects, systems builds, processes and changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 7-10+ years’ infrastructure systems maintenance and support experience in a production Cisco environment.
- Technical Certifications Preferred, PMP, ITIL, Microsoft, Cisco, LEED, etc.