Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The infrastructure engineer’s role is to design, code, test and analyze the application infrastructure. Through research, design, documentation, and modifying specifications throughout the production life-cycle.
- Seasoned technical job delivering on operation targets within a discipline.
- Works to achieve business targets with moderate impact on department results.
- May be responsible for entire projects or processes within discipline; contributes to the completion of team objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the department.
- Works on a variety of technical projects of limited to moderate scope with instruction; has limited supervision.
- Executes tasks/assignments that are well defined, and has limited guidance on scope, methodology, expected timing and results.
- Work is reviewed generally for completeness and accuracy.
- Uses some discretion to prioritize work, and evaluate problem solving approaches.
- Errors may seriously impact client operations, costs, or schedules.
- Communicates with contacts both within and outside of function on matters that require explanation, interpretation, and/or advising; typically has responsibility communicating to parties outside of the organization.
- Works to influence parties within the function at an operation level regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
- Develops, plans and analyzes, designs systems to provide a solid, secure, reliable infrastructure.
- Utilizes advance knowledge in the field of computer science or software engineering along with advanced knowledge of cloud architecture methodologies.
- Keep pace with the innovative technologies and consider possibilities of creating relevant solution offerings. Coordinate architects in developmental direction choice.
- Performs system testing procedures, bug verification, release testing and beta support.
- Participates in design meetings and consults with other staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Prepares documentation required of the system.
- Analyzes and researches software requirements to determine feasibility of design and marketing requirements within time and cost constraints.
- May lead and coordinate a team of Infrastructure Engineers on a particular project.
- Assists in the training of less experience staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer science, software engineering, or related field.
- 3 plus years of experience in software engineering, development, etc. Seasoned technical specialist in area of responsibility.
- Applies advanced technical principles to complete somewhat complex tasks.
- May provide input on group’s technical direction.
- Background in AWS cloud architecture and databasepreferred.
- AWS Associate Certification desired.
- Understanding of AWS cloud architecture best practices and procedures.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life-cycle.