We are looking for Sr. Infrastructure Engineer for our client in Denver, CO
Job Title: Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
Job Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- This position will provide technical and subject matter expertise related to infrastructure engineering and operations for the Unemployment Insurance Modernization project during development and implementation and possibly into operations and maintenance.
- The candidate must have strong technical skills to support Linux/Windows administration and Dev/Ops as well as aid in triaging and resolving system outages.
- This position will also provide deployment engineering services such as software configuration management (SCM) and Life Cycle Management (LCM).
- In addition, provide deployment methodologies across the enterprise working with SecOps, OCC, enterprise services, and network engineering, publishing and supporting deployment strategies for the UIM Project.
- The following defines the job duties and responsibilities with an estimation of percentage of work based on a normal month.
Infrastructure Design and Direction 45%:
- Applies expert knowledge of Linux/Windows and Dev/Ops to develop a framework for implementation of software and engineering services on multi-tier enterprise applications.
- Direct the creation, configuration, administration, and management of various Linux and Virtualization technologies.
- Works with customers and vendors to architect, design, validate and implement effective solutions for their needs.
- Estimates resources required for requests and projects.
- Researches and develops solutions to resolve particular issues.
- Determines which existing procedure applies to a specific installation requirement. If no procedure exists, researches and develops new procedures.
- Analyzes and tests configuration options. Where no written documentation exists, determines configuration methods and documents for use by the team.
Infrastructure Operations Technical Support 40%:
- Works with customers and vendors to troubleshoot issues and lead the path to resolution through collaboration with all appropriate IT resources.
- Performs ongoing administration, configuration, optimization, performance tuning, patching, upgrades and resource optimization as required.
- Contributes to and maintains agreed standards for the solution and/or create new standards as needed.
- In accordance with Change Management processes .
- Manages the delivery of periodic performance reporting with logs to support future capacity planning.
- Participates/designs in disaster planning and any testing activities for the designed solutions.
- Ensures compliance with data classification regulations.
Technical Processes, Procedures, Reporting and Documentation 10%:
- Makes recommendations on new processes, procedures, and technology to increase the productivity or efficiency of the Project.
- Maintains accurate documentation and diagrams for the UIM project including inventory records and version history for all hosts and devices within the infrastructure.
- Maintain policies and procedures to implement standards.
- Creates procedural guides that team members use to provide predictable and repeatable implementations.
- Creates accurate and meaningful reports to provide management, team-members and customers with the ability to make informed infrastructure decisions.
Additional Duties as Assigned 5%:
- Responsible for performing other duties as assigned pertaining to Linux Administration.
- Other duties not yet defined.
- The candidate shall have a minimum of 10 yearexperience in Linux/Windows administration.
- The candidate shall have an undergraduatedegree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science or related fields. (Relevant work may be substituted for education at the discretion of the hiring manager.)
- The candidate shall be certified and have training in Red Hat, EMC, Vmware, HP-UX, Windows
- The candidate shall have experience with source control Source Control; experience in tools such as Git version control and Github or Stash web
- The candidate shall experience in implementing and using monitoring logging tools such as Splunk and Nagios.
- The candidate will have some experience related to cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Microsoft Azure.
- The candidate should have experience with scripting, specifically shell scripting on Centos.