Our client who are an established and growing FinTech company conveniently located on the Yonge subway line in Toronto. Are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join them on a permanent full time basis. The Infrastructure Engineer will provide project and architecture teams with low-level technical direction in the initiation and planning phases of standard Project management methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design.
The Infrastructure Engineer’s main role is to understand, in low-level detail, Linux OS, SAN technology, Fabric Interconnects, VMware vSphere and Server product capabilities, and deploy them using industry best practice and standardized configurations. The Engineer must think in automated, efficient, dynamic terms. You must be proficient with Cloud technologies, Configuration Management, storage performance troubleshooting and enhancements, shell scripting, virtualization, server provisioning and Security. In addition, the you will be responsible for the deployment, maintenance, and efficient operation of the Prod and Lower Level environments, enhancing and streamlining existing systems and documentation.
Below are the required skills to be successful in this position, apply within today!
- Solid understanding of a SAN, ESXi, Storage Fabric and RHEL 6/7 operating system
- Hands-on experience on mid-range Linux OS servers in a SAN environment.
- Hands-on experience with Docker containers, Kubernetes and OpenShift Platform
- Hands-on experience with developing scripts (bash, python, perl, etc.) and/or programming languages to automate frequently executed activities.
- Experience developing solutions using automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform.
- Experience with provisioning and managing Windows and Linux systems in public clouds such as Azure, GCP and AWS.
- Hands-on experience of SAN/NAS management and Cisco UCS Hardware
- Understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, cabling, LAN/WAN protocols, VLANs, routing protocols and network design
- Experience in a high volume Information Technology industry
- Build automation scripts to provision infrastructure, i.e. VMs, volumes, network, etc. Understand different levels of infrastructure and services monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience with O/S administration, monitoring, reporting and auditing.
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
-Ability to deliver clear and concise system documentation and manage inventory