Conducts internal information technology system audits and risk assessments. Develops and implements an audit and control framework to monitor IT production environments for potential system integrity exposure and control weaknesses. Identifies various risks (e.g., financial, operational, compliance) to the organization and makes recommendations for corrective actions/mitigation of risks. Evaluates complex information systems and controls including but not limited to applications, business control processes, change control management procedures, security, networks, and computer and data center operations. Reports findings to management and communicates recommendations for corrective actions. May provide support for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. Typically requires expertise in enterprise software and relational databases. Such responsibilities are to be carried out at both domestic and international locations.
- Auditor will assist in the execution of the annual audit plan. This task entails coordinating the plan with department managers and in-house and outsource audit providers.
- Administer and plan audits including the following:
- Inform key managers of pending audit
- Perform internal controls testing
- Conclude on effectiveness of controls
- Prepare and review work papers with sufficient support
- Issue timely report to management
- Provide assistance to external auditors, including but not limited to, general audit questions, Sox internal controls, etc.
- Administer and execute Sox project management, including executing:
- Cyclical Sox reviews
- Scheduled Roll Forward
- Remediation efforts
- Quarter end reporting
- Assist in the clearance and tracking of Sox deficiencies identified by internal and external audit.
- Ensure overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards, particularly the standards outlined by the Institute of Internal Auditors, for information technology, operational, and compliance audit work. Identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements.
- Remain current in areas of internal controls, accounting, and other company information.
- Support management initiatives and perform administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- This position will work directly with executive and local management, third parties and will report to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to define deliverables, create and monitor budgets, and project plans, manage resources and specialists for project teams.
- SAP, manufacturing knowledge a plus
- Intermediate level PC skills with Microsoft office applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in unstructured situations at domestic or international environments.
- Build a professional team atmosphere that focuses on collaboration, accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to work for other audit team professionals in the completion of assignments.
- Strong process documentation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required. Experience may be in one or a combination of disciplines including information technology, public accounting, internal audit, or other relevant field where the individual has demonstrated progressive experience and responsibility. Knowledge of SAP is required. International experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Sciences
- Preferred: CISA
- The individual will be required to successfully interact with company and third party personnel at all levels at both domestic and international locations.
- Works in a standard office environment and uses general office equipment (phone, PC, copier, fax machine etc.). There may be occasions where work may have to be performed at a company branch office sales and service locations, company or third party manufacturing or warehousing locations.
- Must be willing and able to travel to all necessary domestics and international locations. Position will require 25%-30% travel within U.S and international locations.
- Work or travel may be required on weekend or non-standard work hours. Will be required to work on various projects under time and cost constraints.
- May be required to perform research, gather evidence / documentation and conduct interviews in an adversarial environment.
- This position will be located at our Denver, CO office.