As VF Corporation continues to develop and mature its global information security program, we recognize the value of a formal information security architecture process as one of the key enablers of such a program. It is the strategy and planning process that provides the models, templates, principles, policies and standards that are used to design, implement and operate information technology solutions that deliver business value while being secure by design. The execution elements are critical to bringing strategy to fruition within an operational environment. The Sr. Project Manager role is a critical function within the architecture team and is responsible for developing the detailed project plans required to execute the overall strategy.
This role demands business insight, subject matter expertise, and the ability to decompose large complex initiatives into organized work streams that when executed, deliver the intended business results.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works with the security leadership teams to understand the overall strategy and develops the necessary program and project plans required to deliver the information security agenda.
- Develops the project planning strategy and methodology to ensure management has clear line of sight into progress, issues, constraints, timelines, resource requirements and financial tracking for each project in the portfolio.
- Manages the day to day activities for each of the Information Security Architecture projects.
- Develops detailed financial models required to project estimated cost of implementing new strategies, programs, projects, etc.
- Responsible for delivering projects on time and on-budget.
- Develops the Information Security Architecture roadmaps based on collaboration with the team and provides quarterly updates as to how the team is tracking against all strategic roadmaps.
- Information Security Architecture liaison to the GBT PMO to ensure all required SDLC process steps are followed.
- Must have strong analytical skills and can quickly assess the health of projects, identify potential issues early in the process.
Education and Qualifications
- A bachelor's and/or master's degree in computer science, information systems or other related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management Certification (i.e. PMI) is preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of MS Project and Excel is required.
- 15-20 years of combined IT and security work experience, with a broad exposure to project management methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile etc.).
- Industry experience creating and executing detailed project plans across a wide variety of security initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of security threats, issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- A foundational knowledge of information security related standards like PCI, Data Privacy etc.
- Proven ability to manage information security related projects of high complexity.
- This is a senior level role that requires cross domain expertise. The role requires a blend of strategic, tactical, technical and business insight.
- This is a leadership role in the Project Management space and the successful candidate must be capable of influencing project teams to work together to deliver a common goal.
- The successful candidate must be able to broker complex discussions and decision making process to achieve the proper balance between business needs and information security best practices to ensure the organization meets its target objectives while still mitigating risk.
- This person works on multiple projects as a project leader across all domains within information security. The primary focus is deliver the agenda to support the overall Information Security Strategy.
- Coaching and mentoring of more-junior technical staff is required.
- Strategic thinker who can execute strategically and tactically.
- Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills — the ability to assess and decompose complex business and technical requirements into comprehensible models that can be used to create actionable plans that deliver the required outcome.
- Leadership level position that must be able to influence Associates and decisions to arrive at the desired outcome.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel.
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills.