Sr. Information Security Analyst
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Information Security at UPS Technology:
Our top-notch Information Security team quickly finds and responds to real time threats. These critical-thinkers have a hunger to keep ahead of new exploits and security trends. As a part of UPS InfoSec, you’ll continue to uphold our reputation for integrity in this growing and ever-changing field.
About this role:
The Sr. Information Security Analyst performs a broad range of complex technical and professional work functions to identify, investigate, analyze, and remediate information securityevents. He/She leads security administration and service operations' functions to ensure enterprise integrity against technical and physical risks. This position determines the effectiveness of security controls, identifies risks and control gaps, and communicates areas for process improvement and solutions through the security governance process. He/She monitors Information Services (I.S.) security controls to protect enterprise and information assets.
The Sr. Information Security Analyst will conduct complex vendor security assurance and compliance reviews on select groups of third party vendors. He/She will prepare and initiate a vendor audit facilitated by electronic survey's and questionnaire assessments, interviews and security reviews. He/She will be required to determine a Vendor's Information Security compliance posture based on the contractual agreement and where applicable, governing regulations or laws. In some cases, the Sr. Information Security Analyst will be required to conduct on-site audits, which may include travel. He/She will work as part of the Vendor Assurance Team and will be called upon to contribute new ideas, solve complex problems, coach and mentor other analysts, innovate processes and streamline methodologies to increase and improve vendor audit effectiveness and information security compliance.
- Vendor Assurance and Auditing
- Conduct complex security assurance assessments on third party vendors and supply chain partners
- Develop new methodologies to search, data mine enterprise vendor database for “high value-high priority” third party vendors. Prioritize vendor audit lists based on Information Security policy criteria
- Establish vendor relationships with key points of contact, establish communication channels. Initiate audit overview meetings and manage audit calendar and schedule
- Provide executive status reports on assurance program activities, vendor controls deficiencies, and corrective action plans. Identify methods and strategies to overcome program and process challenges
- Evaluate emerging technologies and cyberthreats to support maintenance and development of new information security requirements for third parties and supply chain partners and ensure UPS's information assets are continuously protected following UPS Information Security standards and compliance obligations
- Ensure all vendor controls meet company standards for confidentiality, integrity, availability and defense in depth security principles. Provide immediate security control remediation response in all cases where vendors are found to be deficient or non-compliant
- Research and communicate important Information Security, and Regulatory issues to Information Security Management
- Must have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize personal work to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Experience with IT Auditing fundamentals, Information Security Controls, Vendor Cybersecurity Analysis
- Experience using Shared Assessments Program Tools and/or questionnaire based vendor auditing tools, GRC tools and technologies for auditsupport and vendor governance
- Knowledge of Auditing Controls, Business Impact & Risk Analysis, Security Risk Management and Security Risk Mitigation
- Industry knowledge of vendor reviews
- 3 or more years of relevant assurance, compliance and/or auditexperience at a large organization
- 1 or more years of experienceworking with Third Party/Vendor Assurance
- Demonstrated experience leading and collaborating with highly motivated and skilled teams. Experience developing and leading highly effective teams
- The ability to plan, organize and prioritize personal work to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Experience in using Shared Assessments Program Tools and/or questionnaire based vendor auditing tools
- Experience using GRC tools and technologies for auditsupport and vendor governance management
- Demonstrated advanced verbal and written communication skills
- The desired Sr. Information Security Analyst will possess a degree in IT Management, Information Systems, Risk Management, Auditing, Computer Science, or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience
- Industry Certifications: (Must possess one or more of the following, or be able to obtain and maintain one or more within six months if currently not certified):
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Risk and Information Security Controls (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified in the Governance of Information Technology (CGEIT)
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.