Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will respond to incoming information security inquiries for Lincoln's customers regarding Lincoln's information security program. S/he will provide direction and guidance to stakeholders concerning risks associated with assessment findings and adherence to applicable procedures, regulations, and/or laws. S/he will respond to requests from external parties concerning Lincoln's own information risk management practices.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Responds to incoming requests from external parties for information concerning Lincoln's information security practices by providing appropriately scoped and accurate information in a timely and professionally written manner.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Determines information security risk profiles for various vendor and business partner services using questionnaires and knowledge of Lincoln policy and relevant industry best practices and standards.
- Recommends mitigation plans/solutions to eliminate, reduce, or mitigate risk, and communicates said solutions to both external parties and internal business stakeholders.
- Records pertinent documentation and communications for all assessments in Lincoln's online information technology (IT) governance, risk, and compliance platform.
- Reports status of engagements to Information Security management, project managers, and other business stakeholders as appropriate.
- Performs other information security risk management tasks as assigned.
- Assists in creating and enforcing information security standards, policies and procedures.
- Researches and maintains current knowledge regarding information security issues, trends, and legislation related to information security.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, IT Audit, Information Security, Information Risk Management, or related field or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- A current, active security certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, or equivalent SANS certification.
- 5 – 7+ Years of experience in IT Security, IT Audit or Information Risk Management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position. (Required)
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements. #LI-KM1
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.