About The Role:
The Retail Industry Marketing Consultant uses their extensive business domain knowledge and networks to drive strategic industry positioning and messaging into top major reatilers and retail all segments. Seen as a thought-leader and acts as primary/front-line “go to” spokesperson with external audiences. Creates and delivers credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the analytics and customer experience software market. Actively works with product line marketing, product management, field marketing, global alliances and sales units to enable channel and product readiness and sales enablement. Exceptional communication skills with an advanced understanding of marketing, merchandising, operations and analytics software systems used in the Retail/CPG markets.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
- Provides business/industry domain support to lead the development of messaging and positioning.
- Develops and maintains relationships with influential thought leaders, analysts, consultants and partners to support awareness activities.
- Expected to drive thought leadership activities including articles, whitepapers, blogs, speaking engagements and involvement with key 3rd party organizations and SAS event marketing.
- Understands the emerging trends in the target markets and drives the creation of key messages and stories to support decision makers and users.
- Serves as primary spokesperson for external audiences in area of responsibility.
- Supports sales enablement and practice teams through customer engagements and consulting.
- Can identify existing and emerging industry trends and can articulate SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues.
- Participates with marketing leadership to identify and establish objectives and goals to reach objectives in area of responsibility.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationships with outside parties
- Identifies competitor advances in the market and can work with internal parties to drive competitive approaches/responses
- Active member within key industry associations, societies, groups, etc.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Fifteen years of domain experience in Retail/CPG software markets in US or EMEA regions.
- Deep knowledge of Marketing, Merchandising and Supply Chain best pratices is required.
- Must possess strong understanding of Retail/CPG operations, processes, challenges and opportunities.
- Strong preference for published articles demonstrating subject matter expertise and external event speaking/presentation experience.
- Ideal candidate should have previous marketing role in major retail/CPG software or analytics services vendor.