Sr. Industrial Security Specialist / Contractor Program Security Officer
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, the CPSO/FSO will lead, supervise, and direct all security measures necessary for implementing applicable requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD), Defense Security Service (DSS), and Intelligence Community (IC). The CPSO/FSO will serve as the primary point of contact for all Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and collateral security concerns and will ensure security is perceived as a critical process within the company. The position willalso provide security expertise, guidance and advice to management and staff. The CPSO/FSO must have 12+ years security-related experience in support of DoD and IC programs with knowledge of government security regulations, manuals, and processes, toinclude the NISPOM, ICDs 704,705 and other applicable DoD and IC directives. The position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Knowledge of JPAS, Scattered Castles, APICS, eFCL, STEPP, Central Office of Record, Key Support Central Facility, Classification Management, and Insider Threat Program requirements.
- Manage collateral and SCI Personnel Security processes to obtain individual security clearances/accesses. Process personnel for new access and periodic reinvestigations.
- Develop and implement collateral and SCI security awareness training and education program to educate, refresh, and motivate personnel to protect people, property and information.
- Assist with sub-contractor management to ensure compliance with government security regulations/requirements.
- Manage physical security programs for classified facilities/spaces, including secure construction, alarm and access control systems, and monitoring and response plans.
- Manage Communication Security (COMSEC) duties and responsibilities (to include inventory, distribution and destruction).
- Develop, implement, and administer an Operations Security (OPSEC) program.
- Engage with government security counterparts for various contract specified security processes.
- Maintain compliance with all DoD and IC security-related policies and procedures.
- Develop and update Standard Practice Procedures (SPP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Emergency Action Procedures (EAP), and other Security Processes, Plans and Guidance for classified, controlled unclassified information, and proprietary materials.
- Track classified contract and classified sub-contract activities ensuring compliance with DD254s.
- Administer self-inspection program(s) and be responsible for periodic customer assessments.
- Develop, implement and train personnel on topics which include but not limited to: Insider Threat Awareness, Suspicious Contacts, Counterintelligence, Classification and Marking, Derivative Classification, Courier, Foreign Travel, OPSEC, COMSEC, Physical Security and specific training as directed by the DD254/contract/program.
- Oversee corrective actions and prepare reports for internal and external coordination addressing investigation results, culpability, impact assessment and future mitigation as applicable.
- Masters Degree plus minimum 5 years’ experience
- Bachelor's Degree in an applicable field plus 7 years’ experience
- Or high school diploma plus minimum 12 years’ experience
- In-depth knowledge of NISPOM and IC Directives
- Familiarity with Security Database Systems similar to SIMS or Access Commander
- Proficiency at oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly organized, able to prioritize tasking as well as multi-task, and willing to work in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, evolving, growing, and dynamic environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
- Personnel Security Manager (PSM) training/certification
- CPSO or FSO Certification or equivalent
- Experience with ISSM practices to support IT security efforts
- COMSEC Responsible Officer certification
- National Classification Management Society (NCMS) and/or DSS Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) certifications