Do you enjoy coming up with creative solutions for complex problems? Join our team as a Sr. Industrial Engineer to support our intensive growth plans! You will work directly with our customers to meet engineering goals, providing input for the development of tailored work systems.
About the Role
How you will contribute
Lead productivity improvement by applying Lean Manufacturing techniques, to deliver World Class performance in productivity, innovation, working capital and cycle-time. Identify and put in place permanent and effective process / system solutions to problems. Work closely with the BPI and Operational Team to identify and implement short and long term cost reduction and improvement initiatives.
- Meet Engineering Goals and Objectives that deliver results in line with the Business plan. Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Consistently meet customer requirements and commitment to excellence in performance and meeting deadlines.
- Make data driven decisions – Be able to take data, analyze and make recommendations to site management.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Champion compliance to company systems and processes.
- Identify and develop improvements to increase key process metrics of Service, Delivery,
- Quality and Cost using Lean / 6 sigma methodologies.
- Investigate state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Oversee and manage New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPI Group.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Identify and implement short and long-term cost reduction and improvement initiatives through the adoption of Lean Manufacturing /BPI.
- Oversee and drive Validation Activities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Your Key Qualifications
- Applicants must possess a degree in manufacturing, production or equivalent engineering discipline combined with at least 7 years relevant experience.
- The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical, statistical / process analysis background with demonstrated ability in SPC, TQM, Six Sigma, Design (AutoCAD) and some simulation experience.
- Industrial Engineering experiencerequired (line balancing. set-up/design, cycle times, MTM studies).
- Preference may be given to those candidates with a Six Sigma background.
- Self-motivated individual with a can-do attitude
- Interpersonal skills are also an important part of the role.
- The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate good communication and influencing skills, leadership, time and task management, building strong stakeholder relationships, change and innovation and technical acumen.