Senior Industrial Engineer
The Senior Industrial Engineer is responsible for defining best in class process equipment and tools for JWN’s Supply Chain Network. This role will enable the Supply Chain team to operate in a more efficient, effective manner to reach short and long-term productivity improvements. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong project management capability, self-motivation and an understanding of how to drive effectiveness and transformation
A day in the life…
- Assess current processes and determine processes to drive efficiency, effectiveness and reduced costs.
- Develop business requirements based on abstract strategic ideas for the company. These may include multi-phased and layered approaches to buildings, material handling and operations
- Able to participate and contribute to a wide and diverse array of process and material handling topics while listening to input from operators in order to achieve best in class operation
- Lead project management of critical Supply Chain projects (in building or network-wide), representing Supply Chain for material handling, technology and business process optimization projects
- Assess current, future and industry best practices in supply chain fulfillment, e-commerce and distribution
You own this if you have…
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in retail distribution and e-commerce fulfillment
- 5+ years working knowledge with automation, WCS (Warehouse Control Systems) and WMS (Warehouse Management system
- Demonstrated track record of project management skills in engineering and technology projects
- Excellent communication skills (i.e., verbal, written, group presentation)
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Time Off
- Merchandise Discount
- Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.