We are looking for ??Sr Industrial Controls Engineer for our client in Brooklyn Center, MN
Job Title: ??Sr Industrial Controls Engineer
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Experience Level (Years) 5years
- The Industrial Controls Engineer role designs, delivers, and supports equipment solutions for a wide range of innovative medical electronics-based products and process control equipment.
- They are responsible for the development and release of equipment solutions supporting the release of new product manufacturing lines.
- This engineer would also be involved in determining if existing equipment is adequate to support production manufacturing requirements for new products.
- This engineer would be responsible for designing and implementing both the software and the hardware portion of the equipment solution. This development is accomplished by interfacing with manufacturing and process development engineers to create a compliant solution for production equipment release and support.
- The equipment solution development includes integration of software and hardware and will include debugging while interfacing to the equipment; perform R&R (repeatability & reproducibility) analyses; qualification and validation documentation, and support for system releases. Utilizes software languages and environments including PLC Ladder Logic, LabVIEW, and/or structured text for the development and writing of code. Troubleshoots software and hardware problems using root cause analysis and provides technical solutions for equipment-related problems and provides yield improvement solutions.
- 3+ years of experience working in a medical or other regulated industry
- Developing software applications using Automated Equipment to manufacture or test electronic components utilizing software languages and environments preferably in PLC Ladder Logic, LabVIEW and/or structured text to perform application software development and electronics design
- Designing, developing, and debugging dedicated hardware and software, performing verification and validation activities, performing Measurement Systems Analysis (Gage R&R studies); all in support of equipment solution release for production manufacturing of electronic medical device components
- Deployment and qualification and of equipment. Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained and completed for all technology programs transferred to product line specific areas
- Design and qualify new custom tooling/equipment (IQ/OQ/PQ, Support)
- Troubleshooting yield and performance issues to root cause using statistics-based analyses and providing related technical solutions
- Following software application development procedures and demonstrate compliance through technical documentation generation
- Active and key participant in the evaluation and strategic planning for new: technology, products and materials and their impact on the business. Performs research and evaluates new ideas & technologies
- Responsible for department budget as related to Annual Operating Plan targets
- Develops electromechanical technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Lead and foster a culture of driving toward high quality designs, collaboration, and innovation
- Strong communication, manufacturing process, product industrialization and leadership skills
- Solid design, troubleshooting and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in multi-discipline, cross cultural environment and levels of organization
- Mentors and serves as a both a people and technical leader Work is performed with minimal direction
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality SystemPerforms duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations
- All other duties as assigned
- Travel requirement: less than 10%
- Bachelors in ElectricalEngineering, Controls Engineering, IndustrialEngineering, Computer Engineering or related Engineering discipline