The Dow Chemical Company has an opening for a Sr. Improvement Engineer in our Mt Meigs, Alabama location. The primary focus of this position will be to lead the prioritization and implementation of all plant improvement opportunities and required implementation resources for a global process technology. This role partners with the Plant and Operations leaders to solicit and collect ideas, describe opportunities, and implement projects. In addition, the incumbent will be expected to meet global Business goals by optimization of the process technology through implementation of improvement projects by definition and implementation of Most Effective Technology (MET). This position will also be responsible for project management activities as deemed appropriate for projects supporting the site.
The improvement engineerleads the plant level improvement process by gathering and analyzing data, evaluating improvement opportunities, and implementing improvement projects. The improvement engineer assures plant level improvements align with the Plant Specific Technology Plan, thereby closing local performance gaps and increasing Asset Capability (AC). The improvement engineer provides plant level improvement project support, which may include fulfilling roles in the global project execution work process (ex.
Global Project Methodology (Global Project Methodology), Six Sigma, etc.).
- Identifying and implement key measures using plant performance data analysis
- Partnering with plant operation personnel to secure process data for identification of technology gaps, improvement opportunities, and project definitions
- Coaching plant personnel on measurements and daily updates of technology performance/ asset utilization data
- Identifying plant improvements that are aligned to the Global and Plant Specific Technology Plan objectives
- Championing Plant Improvement Team and assures proper set-up and use of global opportunity identification tools (Opportunity Tracking System, Idea Tracker, etc.)
- Validating improvement opportunities using global tools and assists in building the Plant Specific Technology Plan
- Ensure implementation of Business-supported projects as identified in the Plant Specific Technology Plan
- Collection and analysis of improvement project results data
- Providing technical plant support in specialized areas including process simulation, modeling, risk analysis, and process optimization
- Assisting in managing Asset Utilization and project budgets
- Providing data to validate that projects deliver performance objectives after implementation
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineer or Chemical Engineering is required
- A minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience is required.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Six Sigma Project Leader certification.
- Technical knowledge of the physical, chemical, and work processes involved in achieving business objectives.