This position establishes and directs efforts of project work-team and related resources as required to successfully plan, develop, test and implement projects. The Sr. Implementations Project Manager will assume leadership role for assigned projects and coordinate all phases of operational implementation of project deliverables. You will manage most complex and top tier client projects using established PMI project management methodologies within debit/credit products and services. Position can be located in office location or remote.
- Ensure various integration elements of assigned projects are properly coordinated including: project plan development, project plan execution, and overall change control; Develop highly technical, detailed project plan including all work required to successfully complete both internal and client facing projects
- Oversee multiple credit union projects with multiple Project Managers reporting to this position for the duration of the projects managed
- Act as the primary liaison and manage expectations of key sponsors and client executive staff related to timing, functionality and business objectives needed to support a successful go live.
- Monitor, control, update and coordinate changes to existing projects while summarizing and communicating project status information producing effective reports, as appropriate
- Assume responsibility and provide final approval for entire project on behalf of all stake holders; Troubleshoot project issues and escalate them to upper management if necessary
- Ensure that project information is communicated in a timely manner through communication planning, information distribution, performance reporting and administrative closure
- Direct the work of others assigned to project work-teams; Conduct analysis of project tasks assignments performed by department staff members
- Facilitate project meetings including project kick off and specification meetings
- Work in a consultative role with senior client management including CEO and project teams to ensure business requirements are met
- Travel to client locations to meet and discuss specifications, assist in determining project options, business objectives, and facilitate meeting with key client personnel including IT for network connectivity and file mapping
- Serve as mentor for other Operational Services staff related to project management methodologies and best practices
- Maintain interaction with credit unions, MasterCard, VISA and other processors, software vendors and ATM networks for the purpose of coordinating products/projects
- Maintain thorough understanding of payment processing card industry, card processing systems and subsystems, and/or related in-house applications, and a primary understanding of system parameters, regional ATM networks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Five (5) years related experience in payment processing industry required.
- Credit/Debit experience required; debit highly preferred.
- Seven (7) years related project management experience in systems or financial services environment required.
- Large-scale conversion project leadership and card processing experience preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems, Business Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- PMP certification or commitment to obtain certification within two (2) years in the role required.
Our corporate value statements represent PSCU's commitment to providing the highest quality service to our member-owners. By practicing these values, we continue to meet the challenge of being a leading service provider in the credit union industry.
- Service Excellence - Exceeding expectations in every interaction.
- Passion - Boundless enthusiasm to be THE best.
- Leadership - Engaging, influencing, and inspiring others to accomplish our mission.
- Trust - Keeping the promises you make to others, and to yourself.
- Innovation - The relentless pursuit of better ways.