$80K — $100K *
About the role
The Sr. Identity Security Engineer is a senior member of the Information Security team. The Sr. Identity Security Engineer works closely with the other members of the team to develop and implement a comprehensive information security program. The Sr. Identity Security Engineer works with the IT department to select and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements and defines processes and standards to ensure that security configurations are maintained.
What you will do
Collaborates on critical IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle. Works with Symetra's IT department and members of the information security team to identify, select and implement technical controls. Advises security administrators, engineers, and analysts on normal and exception-based processing of security authorization requests. Researches, evaluates, and recommends information-security-related hardware and software, including developing business cases for security investments. Provides hands- on expertise and mentors in one or more of the following areas:
• Identity Management - Incident Response - Vulnerability Management
• Provide second and third-level support and analysis during and after a security incident. Guides security administrators and IT staff in the resolution of reported security incidents. Participates in security investigations and compliance reviews, as requested by internal or external auditors. Acts as a liaison between incident response leads and subject matter experts.
• Develops a common set of security tools. Defines operational parameters for their use, and conducts reviews of tool output. Performs control and vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses and assess the efficiency of existing controls, and recommends remedial action. Is the primary individual responsible for the execution of risk assessment activities, analyzing the results of audits (performed by other groups) to produce recommendations of acceptable risk and risk mitigation strategies. Works with staff on deploying, tuning and running vulnerability-scanning and penetration-testing tools
• Leads multiple people on the team through cross training, instructor led training and mentorship
• Provides consultation on new technical implementation requiring specialty (Incident response, Identity and Privilege Access Management)
Who you are
• Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience
• Five years' IT or network security experience.
• Excellent technical knowledge of mainstream operating systems and a wide range of security technologies, such as network security appliances.
• Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security policies, processes, procedures and standards.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• AWS IAM Roles, Policies
• Azure PIM
• identity and access management (IAM)
• Active Directory (Azure AD) Administration
Valid through: 6/23/2021
$150K — $200K *
$100K — $150K *