$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Job Description and Requirements
The Physical Design Specialist (PDS) will be an expert in Placement and Routing, STA, block power estimation, voltage drop analysis methodologies and flows. They will have recent experience with (Synopsys or competing) P&R tools on modern tech nodes. The PDS will work closely with our customers assisting them in performing high performance core design work. They will also work closely with internal resources to develop implementation flows and improve Synopsys tools and flows. To be successful in the role, a PDS must also excel in non-technical skill areas including team work, project leadership, customer focus, and communication.
Educational/Experience Requirements: BSEE with 2-4 years of experience in ASIC design experience in all aspects of physical design. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Must possess at least three years of recent hands on experience in the place & route domain (direct IC Compiler and or IC Compiler II is preferred, or competing place and route tools) and STA.
Well-qualified candidates will have the following experiences and skills:
(1) Must have hands-on experience with physical design of complex, high performance processor subsystems and/or ASIC
(2) Must demonstrate knowledge in timing analysis, power estimation and voltage drop analysis
(3) Will have proven experience contributing to 2+ project tape-outs
(4) Must possess collaborative teamwork experience and the aptitude and motivation to work with other internal and customer groups
(5) Must be able to work on-site at customer premises as appropriate.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18