Key Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Development of hypersonic aerodynamic configurations and requirements
- Conducting trade studies to evaluate candidate system architectures including kinematic performance, survivability, and aerodynamic heating
- Development of overall aerodynamic strategy/plan for design, analysis, and testing
- Planning, coordinating, and conducting high speed wind tunnel tests
- Planning, coordinating, and executing CFD analysis and tool development to predict aero/propulsion/structural/thermal effects
- Development and implementation of aerodynamics models for use in 6DOF simulations
- Development and implementation of aerodynamic uncertainty models
- Development and implementation of aero/propulsion/structural/thermal interaction models
- Analysis of hypersonic air vehicle performance both in simulation and flight test
Required Education (including Major):
B.S. from an ABET accredited institution in one of the following: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics.
- Eight (8) years of professional experience in hypersonic missile aerodynamic design and analysis, including architecture design and trade studies, requirements development, aero model development and implementation, and performance analysis using 3DOF/6DOF simulations, OTIS, POST, TAOS.
- Eight (8) years of professional experience in hypersonic wind tunnel testing, ground testing, and flight testing with proven knowledge of fundamental concepts and a high level of analytical capability to drive technical solutions.
- Eight (8) years of professional experience in hypersonic CFD modeling and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience taking a hypersonic missile aerodynamic design from concept to flight test with experience deducing aerodynamic and propulsion subsystem performance from post-flight data analysis
- Business development experience. Experience in technical and cost proposal preparation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience managing suppliers. Experience generating specifications and statements-of-work.
- Must have an existing or the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Top Secret Security clearance.
- Must be willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (comprehensive relocation package available)
- MS or PhD in aforementioned disciplines
- Experience with subsonic, supersonic aerodynamics as well as familiarity with hypersonic/high altitude aerodynamics and thermodynamics and the fundamentals of missile stability & control and flight dynamics.
- Proven knowledge working with CFD++, Pointwise, US3D, STABL3D
- Research and/or applied experience in advanced experimental or computational aerodynamic techniques
- Experience assessing system integration risks through test data analysis
- Knowledge of system engineering design methods including requirements analysis and flow down, specification derivation and interface control documentation
- Performance analysis by simulation including verification and validation techniques
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines.
- Experience leading a GNC focused development team
- Well known with established relationships in the hypersonic domain with patents and publications in applicable technical areas.
Requisition ID 114975BR