Sr Hyperion Analyst - (211708)
At Exelon, we've got a place for you Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce. Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits. Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow.
Join our Exelon Business Services Company (BSC) to be part of a diverse and inclusive team that provides best-in-class professional services and adds exceptional value to Exelon’s family of companies. We provide financial, human resource, legal, information technology, supply management, communications, and corporate governance services.
Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provides technical and functional support to the finance community in using Hyperion Planning (PBF) and Strategic Finance (HSF) and Essbase applications. Serve as a PBF, HSF, DRM and Peoplesoft EPM allocation system administrator. Provides financial planning system process support in accordance with Finance Community guidelines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist Planning Lead on budget/forecast projects. Gather and prioritize requirements, gap analysis, design input and evaluation, participate in test and document business processes. Work closely with IT, financial systems support and corporate FP&A to standardize processes and maximize available technologies.
- Administer planning tools working closely with IT staff to support monthly planning process. Responsible for monthly schedule, interfaces and end user support for the budget and monthly LE process.
- Maintain HSF mappings, load actuals and maintain configuration to support new additions of Business units/departments and account/subaccounts.
- Develop and deliver training materials for the planning process for the FP&A community.
- Coordinate annual/monthly budget and forecast calendars with corporate FP&A group (open the budget or forecast, finalize a forecast, run processes, etc.) and other Exelon organizations as necessary.
- Monitor/assist peer/subordinate positions, promoting Exelon values and provide knowledge transfer of skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, computer science or mathematics
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting or finance related position
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Hyperion Planning and HSF
- Strong knowledge of Essbase required (Essbase certification is a plus)
- Experience with other Hyperion / Oracle products (e.g., DRM, Peoplesoft EPM allocations) is a plus
- Proven ability to assemble and analyze financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and teams concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and/or opposition
- Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team working capabilities
- Hyperion Planning V11.1.2.x
- Hyperion Strategic Finance V11.1.2.x
- Hyperion Essbase V11.1.2.x
- Hyperion FR and IR Reporting V11.1.2.x
- Hyperion Smart View V11.1.2.x
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Hyperion Consulting experience
- Utility industry experience
- Oracle DRM V11.1.2.x
- Peoplesoft EPM Allocations
Work is diversified and complex in nature. Work involves understanding financial systems, accounting and planning processes and procedures. Requires exercising judgment and ingenuity to select most appropriate course of action.
Position involves working with many functional areas and many levels. Requires ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively listen and communicate ideas to formulate solutions.