In this position, the ideal candidate will be the primary engineering lead for all aspects of HVAC equipment and systems design, installation, and commissioning, as well as, providing technical engineeringsupport to assist site maintenance with operations, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of these systems. The Sr. HVAC Engineer will be responsible for the complete HVAC Design /Build process from conception through the details of design, field coordination and start-up in a manufacturing environment in partnership with outside consulting engineering and construction management firms. Examples of HVAC installations span the full spectrum from the simplest, minor upgrades of existing systems, commercial building ?package systems?, up to complex systems supporting manufacturing processes and laboratories.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Responsible for leading and driving the development of HVAC standards for equipment, materials, sequence of operations, and design. Identify root cause of failures and implement quality long term solutions.
- Manage, coordinate and oversee development of project design documents. Select A&E firms to perform engineering design. Coordinate and lead team review of designs/deliverables and document decisions.
- Prepare project estimates for design, equipment, installation, labor, materials, and other related costs. Work with Purchasing to prepare bid packages for design and constructioncontracts.
- Partner with Project Managers to manage and oversee project contract work. Review and approve contractor bids, RFI?s, submittals and change requests. Inspect or direct the inspection of work to ensure conformance to design drawings, specifications, schedules, and safety regulations. Ensure contractors receive site orientation and training and that all state/local code requirements and building permit, inspection and project close-out processes are followed.
- Develop a prioritized site-wide HVAC capital plan to replace or improve the existing site HVAC equipment.
- Suggest operational changes or equipment modifications to lower the energy consumption of the existing site HVAC infrastructure. Identify utility rebate opportunities to help defray the cost of equipment or operational improvements.
- Responsible for integration and interface of HVAC with manufacturing process equipment. Responsible for ensuring HVAC equipment designs allow for appropriate maintenance.
- Serve as site subject matter expert in support of the site?s testing and balancing program.
- Partner with site Environmental Health and Safety to ensure design compliance with environmental controls for exhaust HEPA?s / emissions and safety systems.
- Responsible for site (BMS) Building Management Systems including: fire, life, and safety systems. Partner withelectricalengineering and site electricians to coordinate site fire/smoke alarm system upgrades.
- Works closely with Reliability Engineer, Environmental Health and Safety, Global Facilities and Engineering, Manufacturing, Building Landlords, and Quality Staff to realize organizational objectives.
- Achieve high customer satisfaction through effective communication of both technical and non-technical topics with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Exhibit project and technical leadership, self-confidence and effective decision-making throughout each project and consistently deliver projects that meet all stakeholder requirements and are fully commissioned, qualified and ready for start-up/occupancy.
- Provide support in the development, review and maintenance of operational SOPs and predictive/preventive maintenance job plans.
- Take appropriate actions to diagnose and correct plant equipment engineering, operating and maintenance issues as they occur in partnership with operations, maintenance, manufacturing, and quality departments.
- Responsible for supporting departmental vision that will provide for continuous improvement in all aspects of the organization.
- Actively promote safety rules and awareness. Demonstrate good safety practices at all times including the appropriate use of protective equipment. Report and take initiative to correct safety and environmental hazards.
- Actively demonstrate the Lantheus values of Accountability, Collaboration, Customer Service, Efficiency, Quality, and Safety.
- *In the case of absence, the reports to Manager above or a peer incumbent will function as a backup for this position.
- A Bachelor?s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years?experience with HVAC mechanical systems design, value engineering, commissioning, documentation, maintenance, change control, and performance benchmarking of facility HVAC systems in an industrial manufacturing environment, preferably in pharmaceutical manufacturing or similar regulated industry.
- Proficiency in load and Energy Code compliance calculations, systems design, layouts, trade coordination, and Building Codes.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills. Ability to develop technical presentation materials and present.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Office (including MS Project), AutoCad, and BMS systems required. Johnson Controls experiencepreferred.
- Ability and willingness to accommodate flexible scheduling including off-hours and week-end work.
- This individual should be a self starter with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational and technical skills, with the capability to work both independently and in a team environment. Strong analytical and communications skills are critical. Thorough understanding of HVAC systems, air balancing, and control philosophies. Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing a plus.
- Affiliations with relevant industry associations, such as ISPE, NFPA, ASHRAE, ASME, etc.
- Project Management education, training, and/or PMP certification highly desirable.