When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
This position is a part of the Field HR team and will provide core, common and consistent HR solutions to the employee population at the Memphis site. This position is the lone HR role in Memphis and is accountable for ensuring the timely, effective and consistent delivery of day-to-day Human Resource functions including: employee relations, recruiting and selection, HR compliance, on-boarding, recordkeeping, training and development, compensation and performance management.
What will you do?
- Provide a dedicated HR advisory service for a range of people and organizational matters
- Provide advice, support, coaching and feedback to managers on talent management activities including performance management, training and development, organizational capability assessment, organizational change programs, strategy and planning
- Partner with the Field HR team as well as the HR centers of excellence to provide robust high-level service to the site.
- Guide leaders by providing coaching & development and influencing them to enable an engaged workforce
- Diagnose, analyze and interpret business situations and propose sustainable solutions
- Provide employees and managers with information and advice regarding complex employee relations topics
- Provide timely support during investigation and disciplinary processes and recommend appropriate action, participating in disciplinary inquiries where necessary.
- Support managers to facilitate effective leadership and team engagement (including feedback on leadership behaviors) through working with Talent Management to deliver coaching and development interventions as appropriate
- Identify trends and proactively develop programs to improve employee relations and engagement
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition Platform to drive sourcing and recruitment strategies and processes including review and approval of requisitions, effectively managing headcount, developing appropriate interview tools when required, participation on interview panels and execution of the new employee on-boarding activities
- Support managers with the performance management process, including identifying and developing promotable talent as well as performance improvement.
- Actively participate in country HR Meetings and projects to share best practices and contribute to the improvement and development of US wide HR policies, processes and harmonization activity.
- Support with activities that promote and maintain a culture of diversity, inclusion and customer excellence across the US sites.
- Embrace and participate in Practical Process Improvement (PPI) initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
Who we are looking for: experience, skills & abilities
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of HR experience, preferably being the only HR person at a site
- Proven generalist HR experience at senior advisor level; or HR Manager in a smaller business
- Independent self-starter with a bias for action and results
- Proven ability to navigate and manage complex employee relations issues
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to investigate, mediate, & facilitate
- Evidence strong multifunctional HR experience e.g. performance management, compensation analysis, restructuring and reorganization activity, talent management
- Ability to research, analyze and reason logically within tight and conflicting time frames
- Ability to embrace and manage change in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on own initiative to deliver projects and implement new initiatives
- Ability to identify development needs and suggest appropriate resources and solutions
- Experience with Workday or other HR systems
- Strong MS Office skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and optional Workday.
- Ability to navigate complex matrix structure organizational relationships. Confident in collaborating and stakeholder engagement and communication
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential and secure
- Travel to other Thermo Fisher Scientific sites may be required