Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Summary of Duties:
- Acts as a HR liaison to divisional units. Implements initiatives in partnership with division leaders in support of the organization's strategic objectives.
- Resolves complex issues related to the development and implementation of HR processes, ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations. Provides information and orientation regarding Human Resources programs and policies.
- Works to resolve union and management issues and coordinates grievance meetings and company answers in conjunction with Labor COE.
- Leverages organization design and change management tools to effect organizational efficiency and improvement requirements.
- Designs and coordinates compensation and reward systems, working in conjunction with management.
- Performs job analyses/evaluations and prepares job descriptions involving assigned areas.
- Directs and reviews performance management process and management resource review to ensure compliance with established practices. Designs innovative performance enhancement systems.
- Investigates and recommends actions within Company policies.
- Counsels and coaches employees and management to address interpersonal and behavioral challenges, applying experience and expertise in complex cases.
- Counsels employees in career planning and development to promote a motivated, trained, and competent work force.
- Promotes and advances teamwork and continuous process improvements to achieve business objectives.
- Reviews staffing requirements and guides management in identifying high potential candidates.
- Creates environment which values diversity. Investigates and participates in resolution of allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment, and unfair treatment.
- May perform other duties as required.
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Sciences, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Economics or Engineering.
- Five or more years' experience in one or more Human Resources functions.
- One or more years' experience supporting union environment.
- Advanced degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Current certification through one or more Human Resources professional organizations (e.g., SHRM; World at Work) preferred.
- Experience in the interview, selection, acquisition and retention of talent.
- Prior experience in a Human Resources Generalist role preferred, with history of effectively resolving strategic and employee relations issues.
- Solid understanding of employment law.
- Prior experience implementing organization design and change management concepts and interventions.
- Ability to tactfully and confidently interact with as well as influence internal and external customers at all levels in the business.