We are seeking a Sr. Engineer for the Propulsion Technologies group within Engines and Air Management department of the Advanced Technology organization. This group is responsible for developing new technologies for our propulsion product lines with emphasis on fan/compressor, combustor, turbines, materials/coatings, and manufacturing techniques.
The position will focus on the design and development of advanced turbine technologies to minimize cooling airflows and enable high temperature thermodynamic cycles. The ideal candidate for this position would have prior experience in turbine design and development including aero, mechanical, and certification activities. The candidate will have opportunities to influence future investments in turbine technologies and to be involved in development of turbine roadmaps. Depending on the candidate's workload and interests, the position also offers opportunities to be involved in the development of fan/compressor and combustor technologies, and engine testing.
- Project management and technical development of turbine technologies
- Manage aero/mechanical design and analysis, component procurement and test/validation activities
- Development of HPT and LPT modules for next-generation propulsion engines
- Manage engine test activities to validate component technology readiness level
- Ensure technology activities are completed on budget and schedule
- Participate in turbine technology road-mapping activities
- Work with government agencies on turbine programs, proposal writing, customer presentations, design review presentations through direct customer interaction
YOU MUST HAVE
- M.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 3 years of experience with turbine design tools
- Ph.D. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with CFD analysis for aero design, turbine rig testing or ANSYS thermo-mechanical analysis
- Ability to take ownership of design and development while establishing strong working relationship with design and manufacturing teams
- Ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience.
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in coordinating and overseeing successful projects