Sr Human Resources Business Partner
To serve as the primary HR leader for the assigned business unit and ensure alignment of business and HR strategies and service delivery.
- To partner with line leaders to grow talent and technical capability pipelines for the business.
- Manage the design and implementation of structures that improve individual and organizational performance.
- Support line leaders in the development and implementation of strategies that enable the organization to thrive through periods of change.
- Provide coaching to line leaders to support their human resources management, problem solving and performance management.
- Support implementation of standardized processes for the assigned business unit.
- Provide support to line leaders on complex employee relations issues with significant business impact.
- Participate in the execution of Labor Relations strategies and the resolution of complex Labor Relations issues – under the leadership of Labor Relations.
- Support line leaders in the recruitment to senior positions.
- Partner with COEs to:
- Implement performance management and learning and development
- Ensure reward structures reward performance
- Execute recruitment processes
- Ensure successful resolution of LR issues
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong communication skills, strong team working as well as the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to collaborate with virtual teams and also face to face, and to provide excellent internal customer service. Must be able to deliver results and possess courage.
- Detailed knowledge of key human resources functions including organization design, change management, workforce planning, recruiting, performance management, employee development, compensation, succession planning and employee and labor relations. Thorough understanding of regulatory requirements in recruiting, performance management, employee development, compensation, succession planning and employee and labor relations.
Experience / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 7-10 years applicable experience.
- Experience should include serving at least three large organizational groupings:
• Has led a large organization redesign (e.g. State-wide)
• Has successfully developed new hires with few regrettable losses
• Has developed compensation strategy and understands compensation as a performance lever (perhaps as a result of a special project)
• Has participated in multiple compensation review cycles
• Coaches others in addressing ER/LR issues
• Has successfully led team in merger, acquisition or divestiture
• Has led cross-functional project team Desirable experience could include
• Leadership of people or major project outside home state/organization group