Provides strategic and hands-on human resources expertise and leadership that engages all levels of employees, effectively addresses needs and issues, and supports the achievement of business results.
- Develops and maintains positive, professional and objective relationships with employees and management.
- Partners with and influences leadership to create a supportive learning culture that builds employee morale, engagement, and potential while achieving business results.
- Partners with leadership and the Talent Development team to drive the talent assessment process, and determine talent development needs, including management and development of high potential employees.
- Works with leadership and the HR team to determine the appropriate reward and recognition programs; helps manage/execute programs as appropriate.
- Participates in and /or leads various strategic and tactical-level HR initiatives/special projects.
Workforce Alignment to Strategy
- Partners with and influences leadership to create understanding and alignment between business needs and HR practices/programs.
- Champions positive and constructive change in the organization; provides coaching and skill building as necessary to facilitate change.
- Partners with leadership and the Talent Acquisition team to develop workforce planning programs.
- Participates with leadership and the Talent Acquisition team to ensure position specifications and requirements are appropriate for the position.
- Participates in the interview/selection process for client groups.
- Follows up with new hires to determine the success of the hiring, selection and on-boarding process; identifies and solves issues as they arise.
- Monitors and advises managers in the performance management systems (development and assessment) of the company.
- Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with direct reports.
- Assists leadership in performance improvement plans as necessary.
- Provides consultation and coaching to leadership and employees in order to manage employee relations issues in a fair, legal and supportive manner that supports the company culture and facilitates a positive outcome.
- Manages/oversees one or more ongoing HR programs
- Supports the organization’s mission, strategy and values and models the desired behaviors.
- Stays abreast of current trends, innovations, legal and regulatory policies and practices.
- Works on special projects and may have responsibility for certain HR initiatives.
- Develops and utilizes various HR metrics, competitive benchmarking and employee feedback to develop and improve the organization; monitors trends in leadership and employee behavior relative to desired culture.
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment life cycle decisions.
- Based on a sound understanding of employment law, conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth, and provides and/or implements recommendations for resolution; consults with outside counsel as appropriate.
- Manages the application of policies and procedures to ensure the company is operating in a fair and legal manner; interprets the employee handbook using these same guidelines.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Related Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field. Master's preferred.
- 10+ years directly relevant HR experience serving as an HR Business Partner and advisor to senior executives helping build high employee engagement workplaces.
- Experience supporting large operational teams
- Insurance industry experience a plus.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of employment law and ongoing legislation.
- Experience in developing, analyzing and managing workforce analytics.
- Effective and professional relationship skills.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent change management, project management, leadership, coaching and collaboration skills.
- Ability to translate business needs into HR priorities, thinking strategically and acting tactically to deliver results.
- Embraces opportunities to streamline processes to drive efficiencies and improvements.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to deliver presentations to various audiences.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to function in a matrix organization and team-based environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work longer hours during times of high volume and travel as required.
- Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and other HR-related software programs.