Sr. HRIS Analyst
I. Job Summary
As part of a team, this position is responsible for leading activities to support Human Resource (HR) Information Systems and reporting. Supports HR and the business by providing HR related data, analyses and reports. Provides consultation and is responsible for building specific requirements for functional reports and interfaces from HR systems. Acts as liaison to IT for HR related requirements to ensure successful delivery of reports, interfaces and system enhancements/upgrades. May act as a lead/project manager on assigned projects. Provides regular communications to HR and management through presentations, conference calls and email.
II. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Applies technical knowledge of HR systems and business processes to support maintenance and required upgrades. Uses project management skills to plan for and lead assigned projects for system upgrades, enhancements and program administration.
- Gathers information on business processes and system configuration/ customization and provides recommendations to achieve required business results.
- Provides reports and analytics on a regular and ad hoc basis to HR, Legal and various internal departments. Responsible for ongoing report development, enhancements and troubleshooting.
- Acts as an HR systems expert providing guidance and direction in support of projects and implementations. This includes reviewing functionality and its impact to the current business processes including QA testing.
- Provide HR with current information on systems and processes. This includes identifying and developing the content for regular conference calls to communicate identified issues, FAQs and project updates.
- Maintains awareness of vendor product enhancements/ roadmaps and the potential impact of those plans on current and future functionality.
- Supports the administration of calendar processes related to HR systems in areas such as audits, succession planning, performance management and compensation. Provides guidance and support to users related to system functionality and established HR practices and company guidelines.
- Fosters and maintains positive relationships with HR constituents and customer base, serves as an interface between internal/external customers and functional team members to ensure effective definition of and delivery of HRIS applications.
- Promotes proactive approaches using the company’s HRIS to solve business needs/problems, while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This position is not responsible for supervising others.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Information Systems, Business Administration, Human Resources or similar area of study and eight (8) years previous experience. Previous experience as an HR systems business analyst and/or experience as an HR analyst providing support to management is required. A Masters Degree in Business Administration, HRIS or HR may substitute for 2 years experience.Preferred: Five years previous experience as an HR systems business analyst and/or HR analyst.