Join Thrivent in this critical Sr HRIS Analyst role as we continue to transform! Using the requirements management and testing processes, this role connects the Human Resources business requirements and the human resources information system (HRIS) to identify and translate business needs to system functionality. With the stakeholder needs in mind, this role will represent the business area in all system enhancement activities, including processing, general system support, and project leadership. This role ensures the overall functionality and integrity of the HRIS including, information security, testing, and process efficiency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and high-level analysis to complex HR projects.
- Performs project management and creates all project documentation including project plans, stakeholder lists, estimate of work, requirements, process maps, system configuration plans, and system test plans of complex HR projects.
- For complex projects, analyzes root cause, identify options utilizing data to show cost/benefit, and recommends courses of action to achieve business needs. Works with leadership to help in the decision-making and prioritization processes.
- Successfully communicates requirements, estimates, deliverables, progress, and outcomes to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Configures and tests HRIS system and reports for complex projects, enhancements, and upgrades. Maintains HRIS system documentation.
- Analyzes service trends, identifies opportunities for improvement, and recommends solutions.
- Creates custom ad hoc report query requests and tests outcomes for accuracy.
- Leverages Workday Prism, People Analytics and Workday dashboards to provide data and analytics.
- Performs troubleshooting and general HRIS support.
- May at times provide work direction to other HRIS analysts.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8+ years of Human Resources experience in the HRIS Analyst field
- At least five years proven success gathering requirements, creating project plans, and supporting systems testing
- Minimum of two years leading routine end-to-end processes
- Strong analytical skills and project leadership skills
- Ability to understand the business need and explore business process and system changes
- Workday knowledge, specifically configuring benefits, payroll, and calculated field