The Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is a strategic business partner and management advisor focused on providing insights and influence to translate business requirements to talent strategy, then enable the business to deliver upon the strategy. This role reports to the Director, HRBP and partners with Ellucian's Professional Services and Customer Success organizations globally and all functions in Latin America.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and how this creates and aligns with our HR strategy
- Drive talent-based activities in the business units and throughout the Latin America & Caribbean region, including performance, talent planning, engagement, and learning initiatives
- Balance business needs with constant effort to support the employee experience
- Work with the business to resolve employee issues, conduct investigations and formulate recommendations to management
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees in North America and Latin America, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, partnering with the legal department, facilities team and outside counsel where necessary.
- Work as part of a team to support management in forecasting and planning the talent pipeline requirements in line with the business strategy
- Manage and participate in functional and cross-functional people initiatives, partnering with the People team's centers of excellence
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve employee policies and initiatives and enhance overall business performance across the business and region
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of learning to facilitate continuous improvement
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
- Ability to translate business strategy into people strategy, programs and initiatives, then lead the execution of the programs
- Proven experience and desire to serve in a consultative capacity to business leaders, shaping strategy, goals and alignment
- Extensive experience advising management on complex employee relations and performance challenges, including direct experience supporting Latin America
- Familiarity with change management and organizational development strategies in order to influence and assist organizational change initiatives
- Ability to identify new opportunities where the People team can add value and develop associated plans to incorporate ideas into the business.
- Strong communication & presentation skills, possessing the ability to interface with audiences of all levels throughout the organization
- Ability to understand employee engagement data and contribute to development of action plans and roll-out
- Bachelor's degree in business administration and/or HR management with a minimum 5 years of progressive human resources experience
- Fluent Spanish language skills, both verbal and written, are required, Portuguese desired
- Ability to travel 15% of the time, including internationally
- Experience working in a high tech environment and familiarity with the software industry desired