Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
This position supports the HR Technology team as a Senior HR Technology Analyst on Workday HR, and other HR technology related, project initiatives. The individual is a functional resource, (experience in data integrations and mass loads) responsible for providing support to Pentair’s Workday HCM environment, and implementing change requests. Primary responsibilities include support and management of integrations to/from Pentair’s HRIS (Workday), batch uploads data conversion, and configuration. The ideal candidate has significant experience with Workday HCM or other ERP HR system, Compensation, and excellent data mining skills. Additional experience with Talent Acquisition, Performance Management and North American Payroll is also a plus.
This person is a member of the corporate HR team, and reports to the Senior Manager of HR Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support, monitor, and manage integrations to/from Workday system to third party systems
- Support and manage batch updates and mass uploads to Workday, including: review of data quality and business logic, executing mass data changes, and validating accuracy of results
- Support ongoing HR processes as a systems analyst for Core HR and Compensation. Additional support for Talent Management and Recruiting may be required.
- Support and manage design of related reports globally
- Partner with analysts in other departments to identify and resolve issues, including performing impact assessments on program logic issues, data discrepancies, and system design
- Support HR projects as an HR analyst, responsible for configuration, data analysis, issues management, documentation, functional design, testing, and project management deliverables for online enhancements, reporting, interfaces, batch programs, and queries
- Partner with HR to follow HRIS best practices, coordinate and facilitate data and process requirements, working with them to ensure they are correctly represented in Workday, supporting enhancement activity and otherWorkday related initiatives that relate to new or improved business processes and set up structure.
- Update or develop functional and system configuration requirements and documentation for requested enhancements and system changes.
- Work directly with the application support vendor to troubleshoot and determine solutions for complex issues
- Keep abreast of industry trends and apply those learnings and best practices to continuously improve Pentair’s HRIS platforms
Job Requirements & Skills
- B.S/B.A. in Computer Science, Human Resources, or related field; or an equivalent in education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of functional and technical business analyst experience and competence with HR systems. Workdayexperiencepreferred.
- Strong understanding of HR data, Reporting tools, and data integration to/from third party systems.
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of data structures for HR systems.
- Foundational project management skills including consultation, collaboration, project planning, analysis and implementation skills.
- Ability to facilitate business and system process improvement discussions across departments.
- Ability to analyze business processes and system technologies in order to develop, incorporate and enhance the use of Workday within various HR functional areas.
- Ability to develop comprehensive system test plans, training and communications strategies.
- Possess high levels of critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Experience with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.