The role of Sr. HR Manager is an exciting opportunity to partner with NBC News’ Field and Production Operations in a broad range of HR functions. This role will be responsible for supporting business and growth in a dynamic working environment. In addition, this role will be responsible for partnering with the wider NBC News Group HR team on managing cross-portfolio initiatives including managing our diversity practices and outreach agenda, learning & development programs along with employee engagement activities. While this role will be based in NYC, you will be required to work from Long Island City, North Bergen, and other facilities on occasion. The role will also required limited travel to News bureaus in the United States.
- Provide onsite HR leadership and support for Field and Production Operations– serve as main point of contact for all recruitment, benefits, payroll and employee relations issues.
- Participate in and lead key HR initiatives, including: news transformation, staffing, performance management, organization planning, compensation planning and employee development.
- Understand dynamics and key business priorities of client groups in order to coach business leaders on effectively managing and leading their organizations.
- Assume leadership role in resolving employee relations issues, coaching managers through the process.
- Advocate and offer guidance and counseling to employees concerning work-related issues and work to resolve issues in a proactive and positive manner.
- Interpret and implement HR policies, practices and procedures when questions arise.
- Participate in the ideation and organization of onsite employee events related to strategic initiatives (diversity, wellness, L&D, pipeline programs, etc.) – i.e. health & job fairs, development programs, volunteering opportunities, anti-harassment seminars, etc.
- Manage staffing process, working with hiring managers and talent acquisition team to identify recruitment strategies as well as ensure diverse candidate slates and top quality candidate selection.
- Provide coaching to employees and managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner.
- Manage performance and other initiatives in collaboration with legal and labor relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant HR partnering experience including recruiting, performance management, salary planning and organizational development.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable State and Federal employment laws and general business practices.
- Master’s degree in HR and/or related field a plus.
- Experience working in a news, media, broadcast, or other like industry.
- Strong labor relations experience working, and solid understanding of working within union agreements.
- Creative problem solver with a passion for HR strategy.
- Experience in change management.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management and presentation skills.
- Experience with SAP and/or Brassring (or related tools).
- Proven project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering results.
- Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills.
- Strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually, and in groups.
- Demonstrated coaching/mentoring/leadership skills; change agent; results orientation; high energy; comfortable handling multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the professional savvy of communicating effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives.
- Possess a natural, yet professional ease at working with and relating to the needs of employees in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Strong influence and conflict resolution skills.
- Detailed and organized, with excellent follow-through and analytical skills.
- Ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interface with others inside and outside of the company in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently, juggle priorities, and manage time to effectively meet deadlines.