The Human Resources Senior Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership in effectively deploying human capital to achieve targeted business results.
The Human Resources Senior Manager will provide support for a unionized facility in Iowa consisting of ~800 employees. The position manages a team of 5 HR professional employees.
More specifically, the Human Resources Senior Manager will be responsible for:
- Planning and directing human resource initiatives for the facility.
- Driving effective talent management practices including talent acquisition, performance management, succession planning, employee development, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion.
- Providing advice and counsel to plant leadership, managers, supervisors and staff.
- Building and leading a team of HR professionals who deliver excellent HR service to the business.
- Developing, implementing, and administering labor relations strategies.
- Administering and interpreting labor agreements, administering grievance procedures, and providing labor relations leadership during contract negotiations.
- Acting as a liaison between department managers and union representatives.
- Developing, streamlining, and enhancing existing HR processes.
- Implementing effective retention strategies.
- Creating and overseeing university relations program.
- Participating in enterprise-wide functional HR projects and initiatives.
- Championing the culture, driving an environment of engagement, open communication and high ethical standards.