Sr. HR Manager
Industrial Equipment & Supply
The Human Resources Senior Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership in effectively deploying human capital to achieve targeted business results.
The Human Resources Senior Manager will provide support for a unionized facility in Iowa consisting of ~800 employees. The position manages a team of 5 HR professional employees.
More specifically, the Human Resources Senior Manager will be responsible for:
- Planning and directing human resource initiatives for the facility.
- Driving effective talent management practices including talent acquisition, performance management, succession planning, employee development, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion.
- Providing advice and counsel to plant leadership, managers, supervisors and staff.
- Building and leading a team of HR professionals who deliver excellent HR service to the business.
- Developing, implementing, and administering labor relations strategies.
- Administering and interpreting labor agreements, administering grievance procedures, and providing labor relations leadership during contract negotiations.
- Acting as a liaison between department managers and union representatives.
- Developing, streamlining, and enhancing existing HR processes.
- Implementing effective retention strategies.
- Creating and overseeing university relations program.
- Participating in enterprise-wide functional HR projects and initiatives.
- Championing the culture, driving an environment of engagement, open communication and high ethical standards.