The Senior Human Resource Manager is an essential key player to the success of the Manufacturing Plant. This candidate will implement Human Resource policies and partner with business operations to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives. The Senior Human Resource Manager will serve as a liaison for most of the following areas: succession planning, talent management, labor relations, employment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, EEO, and/or training and development.
The Senior Human Resource Manager will report to the General Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive key HR policies, practices and processes in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Owns the Talent Strategy and Human Capital Planning for the organization, moving from strategic to tactical activities without missing a beat.
- Drives positive employee relations to help support the Building a Better Workplace initiatives.
- Coaches leaders on employee development needed to continue to build organizational capability and enable the succession plan for the site.
- Oversees employee life-cycle management, including recruiting, onboarding, and off boarding
- Develops and drives all facets of the recruitment strategy and hiring process for positions across the site.
- Develop intermediate/short range departmental goals and objectives in partnership with Management
- Partner with the General Manager and managers to achieve business goals
- Lead and develop a team of HR Representatives and EHS Rep
- Proactively investigate all open reporting cases as assigned
- Coordinate, implement, monitor and update plans, programs, targets, and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain HR metrics.
- Work with other managers to coordinate division operations and activities; plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and resources to meet departmental goals.
- Partner with HR to resolve problems, complaints or grievances, and to plan and forecast staffing.
- Partner with Quality to align Directorate goals with Business Quality Management System (BQMS).
- May occasionally perform special projects
- Manages and drives all facets of the compensation and performance evaluation program, as well as talent development across the employee population.
- Champions new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including assessments and audits, standards and benchmarks, evaluation of program effectiveness, and resolution of problems, bottlenecks, and deficiencies.
- Knowledge of benefits, performance evaluation, and compensation plans; Understanding of individual performance, abilities, learning, and motivation; Knowledgeable about agency laws and regulations relating to human resources.
- Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership; teaming; and production methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed, accurate, and organized; Ability to inform others about company benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Proactive communicator who can clearly articulate results and needs across all levels
- Ability to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- 8-12 years related experience
- 3-5 years of manufacturing industry experience
Level of Education:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 5-7 yrs experience
- Master's Degree preferred