This position is responsible for administering a wide variety of general Human Resources functions primarily for the foreign locations in which the Company operates with a concentration in Canada and the UK. Serves as designated expert on the interpretation of Human Resources policies and issues for those countries . Also, will support domestic business groups with a concentration in the state of California. Will develop and update Human Resources policies and procedures for all foreign entities with a concentration on host country labor laws.
- Manages and addresses more complex employee relations issues. Depending on specific country, may work with Legal and outside counsel for appropriate action.
- Manages the on-boarding process for new hires for foreign locations. Works with onsite staff to ensure all offer letters, new hire paperwork, benefits information and payroll forms, etc. is completed and submitted timely.
- Administers or assists with domestic recruitment activities, including postings, ads, scheduling, testing, interviewing and offer letters, as necessary. Performs or coordinates new hire processing, including paperwork, orientation, and benefits sign-up.
- Partners with other HR specialty areas and business groups to manage any expatriates. Will also manage immigration process for both foreign and domestic locations.
- Serves as coach/advisor for performance management issues for assigned group.
- Will provide guidance to Generalist group as necessary.
- Assists with voluntary and involuntary terminations both foreign and domestic, including conducting applicable exit interviews, processing paperwork, communication with Payroll and IT, etc.
- Partners with specialty areas within Human Resources on implementation and communicates compensation and benefit programs and policies. Also assists with various other HR projects such as performance reviews, annual salary increases, open enrollment, etc.
- Participates and/or leads various HR related projects to improve or enhance current functions within HR.
- Performs other projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors’ Degree in H.R. or other related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 7 years H.R. experiencerequired; with 5+ years Employee Relations experience including experience working with international employment laws; PHR/SPHR/GPHR certification preferred.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Human Resources – Solid understanding and experience with HR Body of knowledge – Business Management & Strategy, Workforce Planning and Employment, Human Resources Development, Compensation and Benefits, Employee and Labor Relations and Risk Management. Administrative and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of business strategies for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to enter, edit and report data in HRIS software/database.
- Ability to create, maintain and analyze data using spreadsheets and databases.
- Speaking - Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to convey information.
- Time Management – Able to plan and prioritize projects, schedules, and deadlines in order to meet all objectives.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels within the organization, including upper management on a regular basis
- Ability to travel both foreign and domestic
- Negotiation – Bringing others together to resolve issues and disputes.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
OTHER JOB FACTORS
- WORK CONTACTS
- Branch office staff
- Financial Advisors, Broker/Dealers
- Sales Assistants
- Various Carriers
- Other Operations departmental staff
- EQUIPMENT & SOFTWARE USED
- Desktop computer
- Accurate typing (45+ wpm)
- 10-key calculator skills
- MS Office software; Microsoft Access skills preferred
- Imaging equipment
- Multi-line telephone
- Photocopy machine
- Fax machine