The successful candidate who fills this role is responsible for providing excellent HR customer support to employees and managers on a broad range of various HR subject matters. This support and service role will primarily focus on employee, manager, and leader consultation, coaching and advising to resolve multiple talent related needs and concerns. In addition to consultation, the person may be called on to partner or drive and deliver various HR programs, or participate in HR initiatives, including fielding routine inquiries during high-demand periods.
- Serve as a dedicated daily liaison (customer facing) responsible for consulting with HRBPs, COEs, and People Managers on a wide variety of initiatives including but not limited to: complex policy interpretation and application.
- Partner and coordinates with People Operations teams, and COE teams as required to ensure successful execution and implementation of business or HR org programs and initiatives as assigned.
- Propose solutions and identifies areas for continuous improvements, including develops and rolls out required training to various internal partners on key initiatives (Focal, Restructuring Separations, ER etc.) and identifies other areas for support training based on case or issue experiences.
- Partner with HRBPs, Managers, COEs as necessary to support implementation of various organization strategies including reorganizations, performance planning and others as assigned.
- Coordinate pre-operation activities associated with involuntary employee separations, including for reorganizations, partnering with ER Specialists, COE groups, ex: complex benefits, staffing disputes, and other HR teams as required and necessary. Responsibilities in these actions will include determining timing of action, impact justification review and risk assessment in partnership with identified critical core teams.
- Initial point of contact to respond, handle, or coordinate action for employee concerns and/or behavioral challenges not classified as primarily “highest risk” based on case circumstances. Support includes, coaching, counseling and guiding, and follow-up documentation support.
- Address root causes of performance management and low risk employee relations issues, and other coaching needs attempting to resolve problems or concerns by facilitiating necessary communication, verbal and written.
- Coach, counsel and guide managers through performance improvement plans including “Get Well” plans to ensure successful progress and completion by the employee and manager, respectively, including additional actions required. If needed, or as directed, this role will facilitate escalations to Employee Relations Specialist(s) based on complexity and/or risk identification.
- Escalation point for HR Operations Representatives, HR COE Specialists/Program roles, HRBP’s, as needed and help identify when specialists or policy owner must be engaged to resolve the issue.
- Serve as an ambassador for People Operations and Employee Relations within HR and with the internal customers of People Operations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with ability to engage in effective critical conversations and ask difficult questions using diplomacy and tact to understand and diffuse highly charged situations.
- Beyond reproach and possesses the ability to confidentially manage personal and employee information, and rotate seamlessly, depending upon the situation, between being an advisor, coach, mentor, mediator and faciliator.
- Strong organizing and time management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent requests for support.
- Ability to apply excellent issue resolution skills with ability to negotiate, mediate, resolve conflict and arrive at pragmatic solutions to employee / manager problems
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships across the organization with all levels of HRBPs, senior leaders, line managers, stakeholders, and individual contributors
- Ability to partner and collaborate with HR business colleagues and stakeholders in managing cross-organizational investigations, performance management issues and other ER processes to ensure partnership in resolution and implementation of recommended solutions.
- Working knowledge of various HR systems
- Proficient user of MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Ability to execute routine and complex reporting using MS Excel.
- At least 8+ years of related customer service and HR generalist experience, or HR Shared Services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certifications or continued education course work in mediation, coaching, or related disciplines are highly desired