The Senior Human Resources Generalist is responsible for day-to-day administration of policies and human resource programs: recruiting, compensation and benefits, training, employee and labor relations, safety, and basic payroll functions.
- Conducting time sensitive and highly confidential investigations, preparing precise and detailed reports to summarize findings for the Human Resources Manager and Senior Plant Management.
- Responsible for internal/external recruitment to include: staffing needs, recruitment ads, application screening, interviews, selecting qualified candidates, reference checks and/or background checks, job offers, and new hire orientation.
- Provides Affirmative Action administration support. Responsible for logging internal candidates/applications and managing ATS.
- Support managers, supervisors/employees on policies, procedures/practices pertaining to human resources & benefits.
- Ensure maintenance of applicable plant policies, procedures, documents related to Human Resources (i.e. job descriptions, work rules, etc.).
- Records new or revised pay rates in HRIS System. Enters new employee information in payroll. Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Compiles payroll data to include hours worked, personal/sick time and vacation or PTO, tax withholding, insurance, 401(k), and other employee information.
- Coordinate employee functions & activities (i.e. picnics, holiday parties, etc.) with assistance from employee committees.
- Assist in identifying and planning development strategies for internal talent.
- Generate and lead change initiatives with a positive, enthusiastic approach. Influence others to adapt to change.
- Establishes proactive Employee Relations Programs that promote the development of the workforce.
- Provides support and coaching to management teams in all people planning related processes.
- Assist the Plant Manager as needed and perform all other duties as assigned.
- Providing research and advice on creating new policies and modifying or delete existing policies.
- Organizing and maintaining employee records; ensuring that employee files are complete and up-to-date; and that all employee actions are properly documented.
- Administering salary administration and the performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Provide assistance with wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Representing the organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Overseeing the off boarding process in conjunction, including: preparation of termination paperwork, scheduling and conduction the exit interview, notifying employee of COBRA rights, if applicable, preparation of final paycheck, audit and close employee file, and make necessary changes in computer systems.
- Ensuring the Company is in compliance with 3all applicable statues and regulations governing employees (including without limitation, the American with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act/California Family Rights Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Fair Labor Standards Act, CAL and Federal OSHA requirements with respect to posters, notices, announcements, and any other matter concerning compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent professional experience in HR.
- 5 years Human Resources experience in employee relations, leave of absences, benefits, and other HR generalist roles with minimum guidance.
- Professional Certification (PHR, SPHR,) preferred.
- Ability to credibly influence others with his/her point of view.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments and management levels within the company.
- Ability to deliver and execute high-quality and consistent Human Resources processes and services.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead people through change.
- Ability to work flexible hours in support of a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Experience with human resource, payroll, and applicant software and tracking systems and ability to learn and adapt to new systems.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills, ideally in a Microsoft Suites environment.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to protect sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to comprehend complex material but also have a strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Federal and state employment law, including leaves of absence, ADA, EEO, FLSA, etc.