ABOUT THE POSITION
Columbia Sportswear Company’s Human Resources organization aims to advance company strategy and connect talented people with their passions through work and a life outside. We need passionate people to create exceptional products, differentiated consumer experiences and to grow the business. Our teams ensure the company’s success by focusing on attracting and retaining diverse talent, building organizational effectiveness, and supporting the mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing of all employees.
As the Senior Retail HR Business Partner (HRBP) you will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management across the Retail organization. You will serve as a consultant to this organization, assessing business group needs and support opportunities. Here you’ll develop integrated solutions, and value-added services in partnerships with HR Centers of Excellence.
Within this role you’ll maintain an effective level of business literacy about the Retail organization’s strategy, goals, culture, and competition.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Execute on the HR aspects of short and long-term strategic initiatives of the Retail business, including organization design transformation, skills transformation, and workforce planning
- Identify business unit training and individual coaching needs in support of business unit objectives
- Build relationships of trust and respect across the team to facilitate effective coaching and guidance through significant change, talent movement and selection, and overall business execution
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies specific to business unit needs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary action in partnership with employee relations, and HR policy guidance and interpretation as needed)
- Strategically and operationally minded, developing business strategy and driving plan implementation and delivery
- A best in class business partner, adept at rapport building, leadership coaching, and talent development
- Highly collaborative and communication savvy, building partnerships, understanding, and influence across all levels of the Retail organization
- Minimum 8 years of Human Resources or related experience
- Experience supporting retail stores or multiple locations simultaneously; working in a fast paced environment, with the ability to quickly prioritize and triage competing needs of the business
- Applied, proven experience developing and executing on global business transformations
- Demonstrated performance driving, supporting, and influencing HR strategy in a highly dynamic, matrixed environment
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, and the ability to translate complex projects into straightforward communications
- Regional partners are additionally responsible for more operational activities as it relates to local laws and regulations. US partners will utilize shared services for support as it relates to HR operations and employee support for HR specific needs
- The ability to travel ~ 20%, both local and overnight