The Human Resources Business Partner works with ESPN management to meet strategic and everyday needs of ESPN’s employee population by providing services including training, employee relations counseling and policy guidance and interpretation. Partners with other Human Resources professionals to implement Human Resources projects and initiatives with company-wide impact. This role will be responsible for supporting the HR needs of an assigned business group, supporting both the daily and long-term needs of the employees within the group. This role will require partnership with other HR Business Partners and HR Professionals to design and execute effective HR services and business support.
- Serves as the point of contact for senior leaders to implement effective Human Resources solutions to business issues, strategies and initiatives; utilizes various information sources to determine action and understand potential future implications
- Oversees/assists in the day-to-day delivery of Human Resources services and the resolution of issues; will work directly with senior executives and when required will partner with HRBPs of other client groups; manages multiple priorities and executes work in a complex matrix organization
- Monitors and assists with the interpretation and enforcement of Human Resources policies and procedures
- Coordinates and partners with other Human Resources professionals to implement Human Resources projects and initiatives with company-wide impact across the enterprise
- Conducts training, such as Fair Employment Practices and performance management training
- Recommends enhancements and improvements to established processes and workflows in areas of expertise
- Operates effectively with minimal supervision on routine matters and closer supervision on more complex matters
- Assigned to complex and important initiatives that can influence several internal and external customers
- Provides effective leadership on Human Resources projects and initiatives with company-wide impact, particularly those in an area of expertise
- Monitors the culture of the workplace with a focus on employee relations, labor relations, diversity and inclusion
Analysis/Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Opportunity to influence Human Resources and assigned client group strategies; anticipates the business cycle to help influence and engage with business leaders effectively; develops and drives the implementation of strategies and initiatives that align with business priorities and goals
- Partner with COEs for decision-making authority in area of expertise, project management and employee relations; integrates and initiates the work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to the organization
- Identifies issues that require escalation
- Recommends changes and improvements in policies, strategies and initiatives in area of expertise
- Will use creative thinking in applying analytical techniques and organization skills to evaluate defined alternatives and to develop recommended approaches to assigned problems
- Identifies and analyzes trends related to recurring issues and recommends approaches to the resolution of these issues; leverages business data, metrics and external market insights to make effective organization and people decisions Determines or recommends when and how to respond to breaches of Human Resources policies and procedures in partnership with Employee Relations
- Partner with senior leaders regarding key communications to the workforce
- As directed, interacts with third-party experts such as consultants and outside counsel
- Interacts with the Human Resources team and with the management of each assigned client organization
- Develops and drives strategies that fosters an environment where all employees are respected and valued
- Interacts with client managers and staff to ensure full understanding of and compliance with applicable approved Human Resources policies and procedures; advises leaders and employees and encourages openness, trust, appreciation and respect in the workplace
- 7 + years of experience
- Ability to integrate and initiate the work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to the organization.
- Anticipates the business cycle to help influence and engage with business leaders more effectively.
- Develops and drives strategies that foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a matrix organization
Job ID 655502BR